Chapter 13: The basement

I walked over to where the knives were... I reached my hand down and picked up what looked like a Bowie knife, my god it was beautiful! I always had an interest in knives are firearms, you could show me any type of knife and I'd be able to identify it almost instantly...

I grabbed the knife and ran up the basement stairs, I reached the top of the stairs and slowly walked out, I closed the door softly behind me and bolted up the long winding staircase into the small dark room, I saw Jake lying on the floor, still unconscious. I grabbed his legs and started dragging him down the hall, down the wooden stairs and to the basement, when I reached the basement door, Jake started mumbling, I knew that it wasn't long before he woke. I dropped his legs and ran to the kitchen, I searched everywhere for something I could knock him out with when he woke up, all I could find were knives... I continued looking, in every room. I came across the front door again, there was a long wooden baseball bat sitting next to a group of umbrellas in the corner, I reached down and grabbed it. I slowly walked back to where Jake was lying in front of the basement door, with the Bowie knife in one hand, and the baseball bat in the other. I put the knife down on the floor and tucked the bat under my arm, I grabbed Jake's legs and started pulling him slowly down the stairs.

Finally I reached the basement, man Jake was heavy! I was completely out of breath... I dropped his legs and looked around for something to strap him down with, I came across a small room, I walked inside and saw what looked like a hospital bed... 'What the hell!? Why would someone have a fucking hospital bed in their basement!?' I thought. I shook my head fast and ran back over to where Jake was, I picked up his legs and dragged him to the bed, I tried picking him up but he was just too heavy! I lifted and struggled for what seemed like hours. "... Kate...?" Jake mumbled, I started panicking and hit him over the head with the bat hard while he was still on the concrete floor.

I finally got the strength and pulled him up onto the bed, I looked around and found some rope and a roll of duct tape, I tapped him the bed and then strapped him down with the rope.