And I Don't Regret It

Me: Mom, try this.

I quickly went to my mom with a spoon full of Kimchi Jjigae wanting her to try it.

Mom: Ahaha what's the rush for?

Me: Is it good?

She gave the Kimchi Jjigae a taste and hummed. She squinted her eyes and bit her lips as she looked at me.

Me: So?

Mom: It's....

I squinted my eyes and bit my lips worryingly, interlocking my hands together waiting for her answer.

Mom: It's amazing!

I smiled and quickly turned off the stove. Mom smiled as she watched me jump around all happy and excited.

Mom: What's all the excitement about?

Me: Nothing, I'm just cooking for Jungkook before he gets back from work.

Mom: Don't you always cook for him?

Me: Yeah... but sometimes I get excited to cook for him.

The front door opens and I already knew that's Jungkook fresh off from work. I smiled and went to him and kissed him.

Jungkook: You're excited today.

He said before giving me another kiss.

Me: Because I love you.

Jungkook: Why do you always relief my stress?

Me: Because you love me.

He smiled as he hissed and sigh while looking at me.

Jungkook: Why do I love you so much?

Me: Because I'm too cute and you can't resist me.

He chuckled and kissed me again with a tight hug. We didn't know my mom was watching us from the kitchen. She was smiling and happy to see us happy. Happy to see me happy.

She had a little melt down and cried.
She was upset, not of us but of herself.
It reminded her of her past as she stared at us.

My mom was born into a poor family and always grew up poor. She lived in a life of struggle and hard working all her life. She struggled to find food. She struggled to keep her parents healthy and fed. She was the only child and she took care of her parents as much as she could. She was only 16 when they passed from illness. She had nothing left but to keep working at a job that only pays her $3.50 an hour but that was the only place that hired her. She craved the food she never got to eat. She wants to go into a restaurant and eat a good meal that she couldn't afford. She wanted a nice place but only lived in a old and small apartment. She wanted a car but only had a bike, she would walk sometimes. She wanted nice clothes but only had what she was wearing and her mother's old clothes. She wanted nice shoes but only had her mother's old shoes. She wanted to go to school but she had to work full-time everyday in able to feed herself and pay the bill of her apartment.

It wasn't until one day she bumped into Mr. Kim, a rich and handsome man. A heart warming man with a loving heart. A man who fell in love with her the moment he led eyes on her. She too, fell in love with that man. It was hard for them both as his parents didn't like the idea of their son that chose a poor women as his bride. They struggled to stay together but at the end they married each other.