Chap. 12 "You definitly did something stupid."

Here I was again. In front of Niall's pale blue door, trying to keep my heart-rate down. The light's were on inside so I knew he was still home. While I was driving I realized he might have left to talk to someone. I suddenly felt really bad about leaving but I'm sure he would understand after everything that came out this morning. As I was debating on whether or not to ring the doorbell, I heard a crash from inside as if glass had shattered. I opened the door and flew inside. I ran to the living room to find Niall crying in a puddle of stale beer and  a frightening amount of blood.

"Oh my God! NIall, Are you okay?!" I asked as I helped him to his feet.

"I'm just fine," he slurred. This boy was very, very drunk. I dragged him to the couch and set him down. I had to support him with my shoulder so he wouldn't fall over.

"Niall, You're forehead is bleeding. What happened?"

"I threw a bottle of whiskey." He said solemnly.

"Why would you go and do that?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I just felt like it. I think i'm going to take a nap now. Goodnight Oreo." With that he passed out on the couch. I sighed and got to search for cleaning supplies. I located them in a small closet near his bedroom. I decided to sneak a quick glance in there.

"Ugh, Niall!" I groaned. The room was a disaster. Posters were torn from the wall, clothes were thrown carelessly onto the floor, numerous empty beer cans sat on his dresser, and lastly, an old pizza was left to rot at the foot of his bed. Turns out Niall had taken me into his guest room that one night. Obviously, he didn't want me to see his mess. I'm going to turn this boy around if it takes me hours of lessons on how to put a can in the trash.

       I spent the next two hours cleaning Niall's bedroom and his incident downstairs. I also tidied up the kitchen, throwing away anything past the expiration date. He must have an odd aversion to trash cans. Once I was finished I decided to check on Niall. He was mumbling in his sleep.

"Annie...I'm sorry..." He murmured. Great, he was still apologizing. "PLEASE....DON'T..." And now he was having a nightmare. I shook his shoulder.

"Niall, snap out of it. It's just a dream. It's okay." I told him calmly, though I was scared. He was shuddering and sweating. I shook him more violently this time. "Wake up!" He screamed and flinged his arm out nearing smacking me.

"Remind me never to wake you up like that again."

"Huh, Macie?" He lifted his droopy eyelids up higher to expose his sapphire blue eyes. "Ohmygoodness, Did I hit you? I'm so sorry!"

"Niall, It's fine. You missed me." I chuckled at his worried expression.

"I should've warned you about that. I get bad dreams sometimes." I looked embarrassed.

"It's okay. I didn't excactly find you in the best condition." He raised his hand to the bandage on his forehead and smiled.

"I don't remember anything except you. All of it's blacked out but I remember you rolling your eyes at me because I did something stupid."

"You definitely did something stupid. You threw a glass bottle at the wall." I pointed to the damage. "The hole in the wall couldn't be fixed with Windex and Lysol but I cleaned everything else up."

"You didn't have to do that. I'd have cleaned it when I woke up."

"Just like you clean your room? No thank you!" His eyes widened.

"What do you mean? You've been in my room. It's perfectly clean."

"No you're guest room is perfectly clean. I found your bedroom while searching for supplies. Don't worry I picked it up for you." He looked at the floor.

"Why are you so nice to me? Aren't you terrified? I told you I killed somebody." I placed my finger under his chin and tilted his face upwards to meet mine. Instead of telling him It wasn't his fault or that I'm not afraid at what happened (because neither of those are true) I simply kissed him.

"That's not exactly an answer." He whispered.

"But you got my point. Niall, I like you. This isn't some schoolgirl crush. It's more than that but we haven't known each other long enough for me to decide what I really want. After everything that's happened lately, I think we should put the whole dating thing on hold." My breath caught in my throat while I waited for him to respond. It was hard to say all of the past is being dragged in front of us like roadkill. I just need time to figure out how I fell about him.

"You're breaking up with me, after a day?" He held my gaze.

"Yes. But it's not like that. I just want to stay friends for awhile."

"Alright. I'm fine with that."

"Good." That was quicker than I expected.

"Why don't we get to know each other better?" He asked me.

"How?"

"Let's play twenty questions. I know it's cheesy but..." He was at loss for words.

"No, It's fine. I want to play. Ask me something."

"This is stupid." He mumbled under his breath.

"You came up with the idea!" I was getting frustrated. Why did this boy have to be so complicated?

"It's not the game. It's my question."

"Why is your question stupid?" I asked curiously.

"Because you'll be mad at me for it."

"Just ask me. I promise I won't get upset." I was seriously worried now. He let out a big breath.

"Are you still in love with Louis?"

_________________________________________________________________________