chapter 12: Derek

Jaylin p.o.v

"What?"

Sage asked me and I smiled.

"Will you mark me?"

I asked again and he sighed.

"I can't. I don't think I'm ready."

He tells me and I nod.

"It's alright."

I tell him and he smiles.

"Thank you for understanding."

He whispers as he leans in and presses a kiss to my lips. Sparks flooded my body and it felt so good.

"SAGE! SAGE!"

Liam yelled as he slammed the door open. Sage pulled away and stood up shocked. His face went emotionless once again.

"What is it Liam?"

Sage asked him and Liam began to panic.

"Rouges. Henry. Attack. Dead."

Liam rushed and I walked closer to him. I grabbed his shoulders and made him look at me.

"Calm down. Speak slower."

I tell him and he takes a few deep breaths.

"Rouges attacked the Noble pack. There attack was so strong that alpha Henry and beta Oliver died."

He says and I gasp. Sage's jaw drops to the floor as well.

"You were the first alpha they thought to call. The call just came in from Luna raven."

He tells us and we nod. The sound of a boy sobbing can be heard from down stairs.

"Is that Derek?"

Sage asked. Henry had a son who's name was Derek. He is only 16 and is to take on the alpha position, poor boy.

"Yes it is. The attack was yesterday and Derek finally arrived."

Liam said and we nodded. Laid led us downstairs and into the living room. There on the couch was a tall boy with black hair. He had muscle and seemed to be tall. He had his face in his hands and his elbows on his knees.

"Derek."

Sage spoke and Derek looked up. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy. His nose was red and he looked terrible.

"S-sage."

Derek spoke as he wiped the tears from his eyes. I walked up to Derek and gave him a hug.

"Luna."

Derek whispered and he hugged me back. I heard sage give off a light growl and we pulled away.

I cupped his cheeks and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"You poor boy."

I tell him as he looks at me.

"Thank you luna."

He whispers and I smile. I walk back towards sage and he pulls me into his chest.

"Why have you come Derek?"

Sage asks and Derek sighs.

"To learn how to be an alpha. I thought you would be able to help as you raised this pack up from ashes."

He tells us and sage nods.

"I can give you a few pointers and you can follow me around for a little while. But I'll have to ship you off eventually to another pack."

Sage says and I smile.

"Thank you."

Derek says and sage takes my hand and walks out. Alaska and Liam show Derek his room as we leave.

"I'm proud of you."

I tell him as we walk towards the front door.

"And why is that?"

Sage asks and I smile.

"Because you could have told him no. You could have shipped him away. But you didnt. You chose to help him."

I tell him as we walk outside. We sit on a bench and watch as people go about their day.

"Well I want that pack as an ally and that kid will need a role model."

He whispers in my ear and I smile.

"Wwwaaaahh!!"

I hear a young child scream as he cries. I look out to find a young boy balling his eyes out. I run up to him and sage follows close behind me.

I pick up the young boy and he looks at me then sage. When he sees sage he cries harder.

"Sage go in the house!"

I order sage and he looks shocked.

"Wha-"

"Sage."

I warn and he goes inside. I look back at the little boy who is now whimpering.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?"

I ask the little boy as I position him on my hip.

"I no find mommy and daddy."

The little boy whimpers and I sigh.

"What's your name?"

I ask him and he lays his head on my shoulder.

"Cash."

He tells me and I smile.

"Well hello cash, I'm Jay."

I tell him and he smiles.

"CASHION! CASH!"

I hear a man yell and I look up.

"Cash!"

A woman yells as she runs up to me.

"Mommy!"

Cash yells to the woman. The woman takes him from me and hugs him.

"Thank you so much."

Cash's father said as they walked off. I smiled as I walked back towards the house.

When I got to the house I saw Liam and Derek playing battlefeild 4 and Alaska was on her phone.

"Sage is in your room."

Derek said and I giggled.

"Ok."

I tell him and Liam jumps up and screams yes.

"You suck."

I hear Derek say as I walk up the steps.

"No Alaska does."

I hear Liam say and Derek runs out of the room.

"My virgin ears!"

He shouts as he runs past me. I roll my eyes and continue to Sage's room.

When I get there I hear the shower running. I close the door and walk over to our bed.

Sage walks out of the shower and I see his well defined V and 8 pack. His hard chest and large biceps cause Spark to purr.

'I thought you were a wolf, not a cat.'

I tell her and she blocks me out.

"Hey beautiful."

Sage says and I blush.

"Whatever just go get dressed."

I tell him and he chuckles and walks into the closet. A knock comes off of our bedroom door and I walk over and open it.

Sage comes out of the closet as I open the door. As soon as I can even see a figure sage and I fall to the ground.

I black out as the figure walks into the room. I don't know what's going on, but I do know one thing.

Whatever it is, I didn't do it.