e

i made my way out of the clinic, going over to school. lisa decided to follow, but i didn't mind it much. she did help me last night, plus mr. jung knows her, anyway.

"kookie, is it okay if i ask you what happened last night?"

without looking over her, i stayed quiet. i just want to talk to mr. jung right now. in a huge need of advice.

"mr. jung did tell you to trust me, right? so.." lisa cut off her sentence when we both came to a stop. we had arrived at my art school in no time.

i turned to walk towards the door without saying a word to her. again, she followed.

once i entered the usual classroom, everyone's eyes were darted on my appearance. "jeon jungkook, morning."

mr. jung made his way towards me, patting me on the back. "what's wrong? you don't seem to have your materials with you. is everything alright?"

"mr. jung, let's speak outside, please."

surely enough, he agreed with me, closing the door behind him. i had my back leaning against the wall, taking a deep breath before deciding to speak. "i'm afraid i won't be able to go to school anymore."

with those words coming straight from my mouth, this caused mr. jung's eyes to widen. "but you love painting! w-why the sudden change of mind?"

"i still do, mr. jung. it's just that.. my materials-they've all been destroyed."

"who would do such-" he cut himself off, realizing something. (i wish we had the same thought). "don't tell me. was it your mother?"

i looked away, not wanting to blurt it out. i saw lisa waiting at the end of the hall, looking down on her feet.

"jungkook, if it's materials you are in need of-i can provide you of that. you know i help students in need."

"but mr. jung-"

"no buts, jeon. i know how your mother treats you and- it's honestly so sickening how a mother can treat her own child like this. i don't know what happened, but please don't quit school. i'll take care of everything." he waited for me to speak with such anticipation sparkling in his eyes.

i was hesirating to speak. and it seemed mr. jung noticed. he pats me on the back, letting out a sad smile, and said, "think about it, okay? i know how much you love painting, jeon. giving up this early is not a good idea."

-

lisa was still on my tail, staying silent yet i felt her eyes examining me behind my back.

"just how long do you plan on following me?" i finally asked.

"i-i wanted to help. mr. jung entrusted you to me."

"don't you have any patients to take care of back at the clinic?" i sat on the grass by the park, where i saq the kids playing around the place again.

she leaned against the tree i sat under and looked down on her feet as she said, "mrs. lee told me to look after you, since i brought you there in the first place."

a strong feeling of guilt suddenly hit me. i forgot how i should be thankful for her for bringing me in-i've been treating her so bad..

"lisa, i'm sorry. my problem.. is that i still don't have the courage to share my pain with- someone else."

she nodded at me; her smile showing again. "i understand. take your time, i'll always be here to listen."

i found myself letting out a small sad smile at what she said. looking up, i suddenly saw jieun walking towards the park.

the flashback of what happened yesterday became vivid again. she kissed me. at the sight of her walking in my direction, i stood up with anticipation.

"Jieun."

"jeon." she began, looking down on the ground as she tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "i-i wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday."

"no, it's okay. i'm just glad i was able to take you home safely. are you feeling much better now?"

she nodded timidly, eyes landing on lisa who was staying behind me. "jeon, why is she here? did she stalk you again?"

i rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, clearing my throat at her curiousity. "no, it's not like that. lisa helped me with something."

"oh." was all she blurted out. "so you two are friends now, i presume?"

i shrugged at the thought. "kind of."

lisa suddenly raised her arms in the sky, smiling awkwardly. "we got off on the wrong foot, so i'll just leave you two to talk." she nodded at me one last time before making her way back to the clinic.

"what happened?"

"i'd,, rather not say. but it's just about my mother and i.."

she pursed her lips, tapping on her legs awkwardly as she tried looking away. "i see.. um, jeon, about the kiss and being drunk-i don't usually do that-"

"no, no, it's okay. i knew you were just..drunk." but i was secretly hoping you weren't and that kiss was real.

she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "the thing is, i knew what i was doing."

-

a/n: okay, perhaps things went too fast? tell me what you think in the comments thank you!

posted : 06.02.17