Smarty Pants / Past Reflection

(more Science fair stuff along with the back stories for Chowder, Flapjack, Dexter, and Blossom)

Edd is sitting by himself under a tree in the school campus with papers thrown about the grass as he tries to work out what he would like to enter in the science fair. "Make shift volcanoes are so last year." He mumbles moving the volcano idea to the side. "perhaps the device to turn water into food... no that's too complicated I'll save it for later."

"what are you working on over here?" Brick asks sticking his hands in his pockets. He'd been passing by when he saw Edd working on his project. He wasn't normally into Edd or science but the thought of the fiar was buzzing around in his brain. If he could find somebody smart enough he might stand a chance of making Blossom jealous.

"oh nothing yet." Edd muses. "just thinking about what I want to build for the..." he looks up and the color leaves his face as he recognizes Brick from middle school. The two had obviously had their differences but nothing more so then the fact that the rowdy ruff boys had been bullies when they were in middle school.

"Science fair project ideas." Brick says reading Edd's notes. "interesting."

Edd frowns and starts to gather his papers. "I apologize if this is your spot. i'll just take my leave."

"no you got the wrong idea." Brick mumbles looking over his shoulder. "I'm not going to call you nerd or anything..." he sits down next to Edd. "actually I was... thinking I might want to try my hand at the science fair."

Edd suppresses a chuckle. "you want to enter the science fair? Why?"

"well..." Brick sighs. "a couple reasons..." he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket. "look if you ever tell anyone about this I swear I'll make you into dog food." He hands the paper to Edd. "it's something I came up with while ignoring the math teacher. It's too complex to do solo so I was hoping you might... help me..."

Edd stares at the paper baffled. "this is... extremely clever." Edd looks at Brick eyes widened with surprise. "I never took you for much of a smarty pants."

"hey don't insult me alright." Brick smirks. "just because I'm lazy doesn't mean I'm stupid." He points to the paper. "do you think something like this could work?"

"if your right about this then you may have just found a way to stop the aging process entirely." Edd looks over the notes. "you said you came up with this during math class?"

"well yeah I mean... the work was incredibly easy... I had it done two weeks ago." Brick shrugs.

"but your failing math!?" Edd protests. "I always see your name at the bottom of the list when it comes to grade."

"that's because I want to seem normal. I simply requested the professor leave my name at the bottom of the list." Brick smirks. "I actually have very good grades."

"well then... I am sorry for having misjudged you." Edd smiles a bit. "but why do you need my help?"

There is a brief pause and then Brick decides to tell part of the truth. "if you must know, I plan to enter as a team." Brick replies. "the girl I like is entering with the boy genius Dexter and if I can manage to win the team competition he'll look so bad."

"oh I see." Edd chuckles a bit. "but why me?"

"well I can't ask Mandark because I don't want him to know I'm smart... and because he'll end up exploding half the building and it'll be my fault." Brick shrugs. "I guess we might end up exploding the building too but your less likely to get reprimanded for it."

"point taken." Edd nods. "finding these things won't be an easy task."

"that's fine." Brick smirks. "I can fly so most of this stuff shouldn't be too hard to get."