Day One: New Life

"alright recruits time to see what your made of!" the police chief says loudly with his hands behind his back. "today will test your stuff on the course. Those of you with super powers please step forward now."

Brick and Blossom both take one step forward.

"you two." The chief says standing in front of them. "we have a special rule for supers while on this field. No powers. And to assure you don't cheat we have this." He points to a box nearby. "this special serum created by professor Utonium and the science department which will take away your abilities for 24 hours. In order to join the force, you must prove you can do the job without the use of super powers. If you do not willingly take this serum you will be sent home."

Brick frowns slightly and glances at Blossom. "I didn't know we were going to be required to get rid of our powers."

"neither did I." Blossom shrugs. "but if the professor made this stuff I'm sure it does work." She nods to the chief and walks over to the box and takes one small bottle of the serum. "I'll go first then."

"wait!" Brick runs over to stand next to Blossom and he quickly picks up a bottle too. "together." He says holding his bottle up slightly.

"together." Blossom nods and then they both open the bottle and drink the serum at the same time.

-elsewhere-

Boomer and Bubbles learn about different types of animals and how to take care of them. Boomer works stalking the shelves and bubbles works in the back room taking care of dogs and cats.

-elsewhere-

Buttercup and Butch and the rest of the college kids that went to AS have just arrived at the dorms and are being assigned roommates that they will live with for the 3 months until break. "Mandark and Dexter." The lady at the desk calls. "you'll be in room 102."

"alright." Mandark and Dexter shrug and then head upstairs with their luggage.

"room 103 Butch and Edd." The lady calls.

"fun." Edd nods to Butch and they head upstairs after Dexter and Mandark.

"room 104... Buttercup and... warden?" the lady says confused looking up to see the only other person in the room. "your name is warden?"

"well forgive me for writing warden miss. I'm used to filling out forms with my title." Warden replies with a chuckle. "you can simply call me David for the time being." He extends a hand to Buttercup. "or you can call me warden or whatever I don't care." (he doesn't have a name except just 'the warden' so I used the name of his voice actor.)

"warden?" Buttercup raises an eyebrow confused shaking his hand skeptically.

"well you see I am the warden... the warden of super jail." He replies with a frown. "well I was until I was told you need a degree to be warden." He shrugs. "whatever I'm sure I'll pass no sweat!"

"aren't you a bit old for this?" Buttercup questions.

"you'd think so." Warden pouts. "but apparently I lose my job if I don't do it now so unfortunately I have to. I will try not to bother you too much."

"that's... fine I guess..." Buttercup glances back at the lady behind the desk. "I thought we weren't supposed to pair rooms boy/girl?"

"well usually we don't but we had an odd number of girls this year. You being the only one that applied, so we had to make adjustments." The lady replies.

"I see." Buttercup nods. "well it's only for a little while."

The two head upstairs to room 104 and begin setting out their things on the shelves and dressers.

"gotta say I'm not real excited about law school." Warden pouts a bit setting a strange snow globe type thing on the bedside table, inside is a model of the super jail. "but if it means getting to keep my super jail then I'll do it."

"law school?" Buttercup chuckles sitting on her bed. "you mean to tell me you got a job as a warden of a jail but you have no law degree? How is that even possible?"

"the standards used to be different." Warden replies with a fierce pout. "I inherited the prison from my father."

"oh I see." Buttercup nods. "well good luck with that."

As soon as she says this two very identical looking boys appear in the room standing before the warden.

"oh the twins..." Warden says musing.

"what the heck!?" Buttercup stares at them shocked because they had just suddenly appeared from nowhere.

"we bring you news from super jail." One of the boys speaks.

"Jared and Alice say all is well and wish you luck in obtaining the necessary papers to reclaim your title as warden." The other speaks immediately afterwards almost like they had planned it that way.

"oh well thanks guys that really puts my mind at rest." Warden nods quickly and then raises a hand towards Buttercup. "this is um... I'm sorry I completely forgotten your name."

"buttercup." She replies. "who are you two?"

"we are extraterrestrials." One replies.

"from space." The other chimes.

"we live around super jail and often go there because it is amusing." The first speaks again.

"it is a pleasure to meet you." they both say taking a bow, then they stand upright and face warden again.

"she seems nice." The first brother speaks.

"indeed she does." The second replies.

"power in this one." The first speaks facing buttercup again. "where did you say you were from again?"

"Townsville, cartoon town." Buttercup replies. "why?"

"we can sense the power inside you. are you a super?" he second brother asks.

"um... yes?" Buttercup raises an eyebrow. "but why does that matter?"

"well assuming I'm able to pass this 'law' schooling. I'll be looking to hire new staff at super jail." Warden replies. "if you're interested it could be something to look forward to."

"oh no thanks." Buttercup shakes her head. "I'm going into forensics and chemistry so I can be a scientist like my dad."

For a moment warden pauses as if reflecting on something she had said. "very well then..." he mumbles and turns back to the twins. "is that all?"

"yes?" both twins nod and then disappear.