Sickness

During Martial Arts class Berry is paired up with Buttercup for a sparring match which Berry easily won. After class everyone goes to change.

Buttercup comes out of the girl's locker room and looks around. 'odd she didn't come in to change. I was hoping to talk to her.' she leaves the dojo and hovers around outside looking for Berry. She spots Berry over by the university library which is close by.

Berry sits outside on a bench with a book and begins to read.

"seems like she's normal enough." Buttercup mumbles to herself and then walks down the sidewalk towards the library. 'but if she's normal how was she able to beat me?' Buttercup notices the girls outfit now a dark purple short dress with a black vest near waste high white socks and small black pumps for shoes. 'I like her outfit. It looks really familiar.' (what she hasn't realized is without the black vest the dress itself is the same style that Buttercup and her sisters wear. Which means technically she's wearing the same style the unstable sister bunny used to wear. And I know some of you are reading this going... who is Berry... what show was she from I don't remember that character. Let me put you to rest. She's not from any show's canon character cast ;) she is an OC designed by me for the Powerpuff universe. She also has a boy counterpart named Brad whom I have decided not to use right now.)

When Buttercup reaches Berry at the bench she sits down. "so uh... what's your story?"

"story?" Berry says placing the book on her lap. "do you mean what I'm reading or my personal story?"

"Personal." Buttercup nods. "but that's ok if you don't want to share."

"you are wondering where I came from." Berry replies with a smirk. "you might not like the answer Buttercup."

Buttercup frowns. "I'm sure as long as your honest I'll be fine."

"I was created in a test tube." Berry replies. "a chemically balanced version of somebody who existed in the past. I don't know who or why... but the person who created me is no longer around."

"created?" Buttercup raises an eyebrow. "who created you?"

"the creature known as H.I.M is responsible for my creation." Berry replies.

"I haven't heard that name in a while." Buttercup frowns. "so... your new in town or what? You in reform classes?"

"reform?" Berry tilts her head slightly. "are you asking if I am evil?"

"if the shoe fits." Buttercup replies.

"oh well in that case." Berry sighs. "no I'm not evil. That is why my creator threw me away."

"what do you mean?" Buttercup questions.

"I was created in this town so I didn't come from the same place you did." Berry says showing her book to Buttercup. "this is a journal of all the history of this town. It explains everything from the founding of the town to the migration of people from different places. It also mentions the founding of the Void and the separation of bad guys from the rest of civilization. It's kind of messed up how they decided who was fit to stay and who wasn't... but I understand why the choice had to be made."

"most of our bad guys had been to prison multiple times." Buttercup frowns. "it wasn't really their fault but at that point they had demonstrated they didn't care about the law or if innocent people got hurt. We tried to save as many as we could but... the mayor told us we could only take responsibility for one of them."

"so then whom did you chose?" Berry questions.

"well we talked about it and we decided that we would be responsible for the Rowdyruff boys." Buttercup nods. "Blossom always strongly believed they had the most poetical to change. Since they'd never been given the chance to be good because they were born as villains."