Building a Team

During the few days after Dexter's announcement on tv a lot of things changed in cartoon town. The mayor put a ban on secret laboratory's making it now illegal to run a lab in your home without first registering it with the science department and the mayor's office. He also made it a crime to clone a dead person so anyone in the future to use a clone to cover up a death could be punished severally.

Eddy and Ed were taken to Jack to be given a psych evaluation to make sure they are suffering any trauma from their living conditions. Once they were cleared they were enrolled in classes and sent home to their parents.

-Billy, Flapjack, and Chowder- (about a week after Dexter's announcement. Sunday morning.)

Billy, Chowder, and Flapjack have decided to go visit Irwin in the hospital and bring him an apple. Billy carries the apple while the other two follow.

"do you think Dexter really meant what he said?" Chowder questions.

"that he was responsible for the explosion?" Flapjack nods. "I don't think he'd admit to something if he didn't do it."

"that kinda messed up though." Chowder frowns. "cloning your sister because she died... that's like... some crazy sci-fi stuff."

"yeah and everyone at the science fair got hurt." Billy huffs. "I told Irwin science was stupid but he didn't listen to me."

"well it isn't stupid to him." Chowder reminds Billy. "his project was actually kind of neat. I got to see it before he took it inside the building... he said it was... um... oh I don't remember... it had a ton of words in the name, but it was super neat."

"wasn't he trying to alter unhealthy foods so they taste the same but are slightly less bad for you." Flapjack questions. "I think he was showing off bacon."

"yeah yeah!" Billy nods really fast. "he was going to take out the fatty stuff and grease but it was supposed to taste the same. He was going to give me all the bacon after the fair but his project got exploded."

They enter the hospital room where Irwin is bandaged on his right arm and leg while he lays in bed. "Billy? Flapjack! Chowder! You came to visit me!?" Irwin smiles a little bit. "I was just thinking I might need some..."

"we brought you an apple." Billy says handing Irwin the apple. "I sorry I took a bite out of it." he smiles really big.

"ug... thanks..." Irwin chuckles a little and sets the apple on the table. "but as I was saying I was wondering if you were going to visit today."

"how much longer until you can leave this place!?" Billy whines.

Irwin frowns. "oh probably not for a few more days Billy... the nurse said she wants to monitor a fracture that isn't healing properly."

"oh." Billy frowns. "what so those words mean?"

Irwin sighs. "it means something broken isn't getting better." He frowns. "I'm not sure what it is but it must be serious if they want to monitor it."

"sounds really exciting." Flapjack shrugs. "well I hope you get better soon."

"yeah me too." Chowder nods. "we have to go study now." He looks at the other two. "we have semester finals next week."

"oh no!" Billy yells slapping his hands on his cheeks. "we're gonna get failed!"

"calm down Billy." Irwin chuckles. "the test probably won't be that difficult. Just focus on study and you should be fine."

"come on!" Billy yells grabbing Chowder's arm to pull him out the door. "we got to go eat the books!"

"eat the... what?" Chowder yells as he's being dragged to the door.