Fusion Clone

Dexter places his clone inside the confinement room after running tests to make sure the clone is stable. He then releases the Fusion into the room and watches as the fusion attacks the clone. Because the clone doesn't have a weapon he can only hold on so long in the fight.

Dexter frowns and pushes up his glasses. "it's like watching myself die... painful but I do it in the name of science."

Susan and Mary are unnerved by Dexter showing no feeling towards watching himself die. "what's wrong with him? why wouldn't he just clone some random person?" Mary questions.

Mandark frowns as he already knows the answer. "this is Dexter we're talking about. He knows what his body is capable of. This is probably the smartest option we have."

Dexter focuses on the fight until he sees viable smudges on the clones clothing. He then gases the room with ice and freezes the Fusion into a solid block. The clone shoves the frozen fusion back into the container and Dexter closes the door. then the clone exits the room and Dexter performs more tests on himself. "seems everything right now is still... wait a second." He watches as the fusion goo twitches. "the goo is... alive?"

The clone is beat up from fighting but relatively in one piece. He lifts his shirt up and finds the goo has already seeped through his clothing and touched his skin. "how interesting." The clone says.

Mandark helps Dexter run the last few tests to see just how the goo is reacting to the environment. "you are a mad scientist..." After they put the infected clone in the containment room Mandark glances at Dexter. "that's why you can't prove to the mayor that you aren't..."

Dexter glances at Mandark and nods. "I take things too far in the name of science. I try to make things better but somehow they never do help. I can't prove to the mayor I'm not a threat to myself or others because... it's like she knows."

Mandark watches the sick Dexter clone and his heart breaks on the inside. "you would even make yourself sick for science... it was clear to me from the beginning what you are trying to achieve." He glances at Dexter. "life does go on without Deedee you know... science can't solve everything."

"I know." Dexter frowns. "but I can't keep living this way."

"you gave up..." Mandark frowns. "but... but you never give up?!"

"well I give up now." Dexter replies. He takes notes on how long it takes his clone to get sick.

Inside the containment room the clone is lying in bed now too sick to move.

Mandark frowns. "your clone has a weaker immune system then Brick."

"weaker than a normal human too." Dexter replies. "my clone got sick right away while it took Johnny nearly and hour to feel sick. Brick was ok for at least 2 hours before he felt anything at all. This weaker immune system is due to my staying in my lab for too long and not exposing myself to bacteria. My body gets sick very easily."

"that's why you used a clone." Mary says. "because you knew if you did it yourself you would get sick."

"yes." Dexter nods. "now... comes the hard part." He walks over to a suit on the wall and then puts it on. "I have to get close enough to watch the clone."

"be careful." Susan frowns.

-elsewhere- (it's a new day.)

Brick puts his finger over his lips and looks over his shoulder.

Butch and Boomer follow hovering off the ground so they don't make a sound.

-little bit later-

Berry wakes up and stretches and then goes straight to the bathroom.