Who's Fault?

Dexter opens the door and finds Mandark standing there. "Mandark..."

Mandark frowns. "I'm sorry about the science fair." He crosses his arms and kind of pouts. "we should... stop trying to kill each other."

"I agree." Dexter nods and he too crosses his arms. "what do you want Mandark?"

"listen Dexter... it's about this thing Edd and Brick found." Mandark puts his hand on his chin. "its some kind of green monster blob that can take the form of anybody if it takes an item from them. Susan and Mary think it has something to do with DNA or something... the monster is a gross slimy thing that transforms into a person. It was one of Edd's friends then it was the twins brother Johnny then it was brick. It made Johnny and Brick very sick when they got the goo on them we were wondering if you might want to help us try to figure out what these things are."

"my laboratory has been taken apart." Dexter frowns. "everything I had has been confiscated."

"yes I know... and I am really sorry about that." Mandark frowns. "the test sisters have a lab of their own they just wondered if you would consider helping us... after all you are the boy genius."

Dexter stares at Mandark for a moment and then nods and turns to look over his shoulder. "mom! I need to go do a science with Mandark is that ok?"

"Mandark?" Dexter's father says entering the room. "you two are friends now?"

"it's complicated dad." Dexter says.

"as long as we aren't keeping secrets anymore." Dexter's mother calls from the kitchen.

"I'm being honest with you now I really am going to conduct experiments at a friend's house." Dexter replies.

"be safe." Dexter's father says nodding. "call to check in every hour."

"yeah I know." Dexter rolls his eyes and then closes the front door.

"real strict hu?" Mandark frowns.

"the mayor doesn't trust me anymore." Dexter mumbles. "he put me under surveillance for a month at home. She also tapped my phone and every hour this thing on my wrist takes a picture of wherever I am. My parents don't care where I go as long as I tell the truth but the mayor won't let me go in the school lab or the university lab until I prove I'm not a mad scientist."

"good luck with that." Mandark chuckles. "we're both kind of mad scientists in a way. It's because we're so smart people don't understand us."

"and idiots fear what they can't comprehend." Dexter replies with a frown. He glances at Mandark and smirks. "you know I never really thought about it before but... your right... we've been fighting all this time but we're the only ones who really understand each other."

"yeah." Mandark nods. "I mean I guess just us and other geniuses like the test twins. So what's between you and Blossom hu?"

"nothing." Dexter nods. "don't get me wrong Blossom is great but she just isn't really... my type."

"oh I see." Mandark chuckles. "well that's good to know. Brick is crushing on her something serious."

Dexter nods and moves his shoulder in circles.

"something wrong with your shoulder?" Mandark questions.

"just a bit of an ache... ever since the explosion it's been killing me." Dexter sighs. "common meds don't seem to be helping much. I don't have a lab anymore so I can't just make myself better."

"maybe the test sisters can help?" Mandark suggests.

"I hope so..." Dexter frowns. "mom was going to take me to the hospital but I'd rather do it myself."