Chapter Twenty-Three

~Chapter 23~
(Edited)

*~*Yevgeny "Raven" Ravenstahl's POV*~*

She's beautiful.

That's all I can think as I watch her come back around the deck with her large dog in tow.

The dog, Max, instantly starts to growl at us and moves slightly in front of Feya to protect her with his body.

"I like this dog," Marc whispers as Feya calms Max down by petting his large head, then he speaks louder to catch her attention. "So, Sang, I thought we told you to leave?"

I grunt my agreement and squint my eyes at her, silently demanding an answer as to why she put herself in danger.

"We couldn't leave without checking to make sure everything was alright," she says simply before her friend joins us from the hallway.

"And good thing we did," he says as he glances over to Feya, looking her over completely. His thorough gaze heats my veins with anger and causes my fingers to curl into the palm of my hands as I fight the urge to pull Feya to my side.

Just as quickly as the anger comes, it dissipates when I can only see the concern in his eyes.

Interesting.

I shake off the last of my sudden anger and just barely catch the friend's next comment.

"You guys were close to getting shot in the head."

"We had it covered," I say with a shrug of my shoulders. It looked bad but we've been in worse situations and managed a way out of it.

Though, being here to witness that beautiful takedown Feya executed will be something I'll remember for however long I live in this new world of shit.

Next to me, I hear Marc and Brandon explain what's been happening around here, and I take the time to replay the whole scene again.

The way her bright green eyes harden in resolve before kicking out the back of the guy's knees with one of those toned legs of hers.

The way she moved with ultimate grace as she disarmed the guy with that large Ka-Bar knife.

The complete trust she had for Marc and me to have her back.

Just beautiful, I think again. I look over to her, seeing her speaking with Axel. And yet terrifying.

Watching her step out of the shadows behind the guy, I felt an all-consuming fear that hasn't come over me in a long time.

I had to lock every muscle I have to keep from rushing forward.

Then, seeing the result of her knocking the guy out awoke another all-consuming feeling inside of me.

Lust.

I wonder if I can get her to spar with me. The new image of her flipping me over her tiny shoulder again causes sparks of pleasure to ignite inside of me. Nothing's sexier than a woman who can take care of herself.

"No harm in seeing," I hear Feya's friend say, fully taking me out of my fantasies.

Looking back over to them, I see Feya roll those bright green eyes at her friend, and I can't help the tiny chuckle that comes out.

Those green eyes snap towards me, and I can't help but wink at her. An enticing blush spreads up into her neck before overtaking her face. My smile grows when she quickly looks away from me and turns her attention to Axel.