Prologue

Jim:

"You think your world is safe?" Natasha says darkly, walking up to the glass, staring at me. "It is an illusion." She continues. "A comforting lie told to protect you and those you love most." She ennunciates nearly every word in the sentence. "So if you desire for those who you care about to not get hurt as much as possible, then I suggest that you let me stay in here with Khan so he will cooperate."

She just said all of that like how Khan would have if he had said it. She keeps staring at me, her multi-colored eyes cold and sharp like a knife. Her body language and the way she talks is intimidating, frightening, and sketchy, almost like Khan.

Ever since Khan had been mentioned, she had been acting really weird. And when he came on the ship with us, she had been acting almost like Khan, which was really, really weird.

Natasha:

Jim stares back at me in silence for a few moments, making up his mind.

"Fine, but if he hurts you-"

"I won't," Khan interrupts. "Captain." He adds. I look back at Khan, who's looking at Jim. I look back at Jim.

"How long are you going to be in here then?" Jim asks me.

"Not long. Enough for him to answer questions." I say, looking at Khan, who makes eye contact with me.