Chapter 7

As the torpedos are being boarded onto the Enterprise, Scotty appears to be having some kind of fit with them.

"No! I'm not signing anything, now get these bloody things off my ship!" He says.

"You go and check on him, I'll be on the bridge." I say to Jim.

"Okay, be there in a few."

I started to walk to the elevator when Bones caught up to me. He was looking at a device he held in his hands.

"Damn it..." Bones says, mainly to himself.

"What?" I ask him.

"It's Jim, his vitals..."

"What about them?"

Bones look at me. "They're way off."

I look over at Jim who's still talking to Scotty, who is still upset.

"You need an examination too, who knows if you're in the same condition as Jim? I have a bad feeling you are." Bones says.

"Later." I say, starting to walk away.

Bones catches my arm. "You need an examination."

"Later." I say, and start to walk away, but Bones is still holding my arm.

"You need one as soon as possible."

I look away from him for a second at the warp core, thinking of when I should get an examination. I look back at Bones.

"Fine, when we're at warp, I'll come down to medbay, okay?"

Bones looks relieved now. "Thank you."

"Just so that you'll be happy." I say, and walk to the elevator again. Uhura and Jim meet up with me as we start to walk to the elevator.

"Captains, I'm so sorry about Admiral Pike." Uhura says.

"We all are." Jim answers.

"You two okay?" She asks.

"Fine." Jim says.

Uhura looks at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer.

"Thank you Lieutenant." Jim says, and the three of us walk into the brightly-lit elevator, Uhura standing between Jim and I. "Actually Scotty just quit."

"He did?" I ask, looking at Jim. "You mean...JUST now?"

"Yeah." Jim answers then addresses Uhura. "You're boyfriend's been second-guessing both Natasha and I every chance he gets." There was a few seconds pause, then Jim realizes what he said and who he said it to. "Sorry, that was innapropriate. But sometimes I just wanna rip those...things off his head. Hell maybe it's me-"

"It's not you guys." Uhura says, looking straight ahead.

"It's not?" Jim and I both ask in unison. Uhura glances at both Jim and I.

"Wait..." I say.

"Are you guys fighting?" Jim continues.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Uhura says.

"Oh my God." I say. "What's that even..."

"Like?" Jim finishes again.

That was a little weird, but then again, Pike wasn't wrong when he said we think alike.

Except that I was the more responsible one-which I have to admit, is true.

The elevator door opens and Spock is standing just outside the doors. Uhura walks past Spock, giving him a cold look and continues walking past him. Jim and I was past Spock and Jim leans over a little to Spock, saying, "Ears burning?"