~Chapter 19~

*KANAME*

Vampires are truly a very despicable species, albeit there was my family which believed in this but they were killed for thinking that other vampires would think of it in the same light. They used to just abide by the rules of the Vampire King and Queen either out of fear or respect but that didn't stop the council from helping Rido murder them. The time will come when I, Kaname Kuran, king of the vampires will dissolve the council and put an end to this sham of a race...even if it means giving up my own life...

That is how I used to think, I would have willingly killed myself in order to destroy the entire vampire race but I have Yuki to think about now and...Misaki. She makes me want to live for her, she makes me feel like there may be a future where both of us would spend our days like normal people. Not like vampire royalty.

I crossed my legs as I leaned back in my seat, my eyes scanning each face of the council before it landed on Takuma's grandfather. If I had it my way, I would have killed him with my bare hands last year when he aided Rido in attacking the academy but for the time being, I have to maintain peace in the vampire society and killing an elderly council member from an aristocrat family will cause an uproar.

"Kaname-sama" Ichijou started but I cut him off "Kuran" I narrowed my eyes at him as if daring him to defy me but he knows better by now. I would have taken away his position from him but where's the fun in that? His punishment is that he will maintain his position and will follow my every order without blinking. In the course of a year, he's been weakened by all the level E's on the missions I've sent him on to control the uprising.

This is all his doing, he helped manifest those vile creatures, now let him deal with them. The irony is truly amusing, his own minions attacking him...

"Kuran-sama-" A smirk tugged at my lips at his curt correction but I maintained my calm facade "the level E's are becoming more prominent in desolate buildings in the heart of the town" Ichijou stated and I suppressed the urge to tell him that this was all his fault "and what have you done about it Ichijou ?"

As he was fidgeting around, I sent my familiar out to check on Misaki. Much to my dismay, I had to leave on the night of the ball itself and return to my mansion to take care of matters concerning the vampire world. I haven't been to the Kuran mansion in years, I refused to go there. There were too many memories that would only bring great sorrow if I dared venture into that house again. Not a house, it was a home.

With Haruka, Juri, Yuki and Misaki, I felt like I had a family. Haruka and Juri treated me like I was their own son, they showered me with the love and affection that they would have used on their real son. The fact that I was their ancestor didn't phase them, they viewed me as their son.

"Want to know a secret?" Misaki's melodious voice brought my attention to where my familiar was and I saw her plopped down on the snow. How is she even sitting on the snow without freezing?

"I like him. I really like Kaname" my eyes widened at her confession, did I really just hear her say that? The smile on her face was radiant as she spoke about her attempts at making me realize her feelings but to no avail. She has feelings for me.

I subtly placed my hand over my lips to hide the genuine smile on my face. Oh how I wish you would tell me this to my face Misaki...

"Kuran-sama?" I called my familiar back and turned my attention back to the council who were all looking at me expectantly "do what you must, get rid of them and report back to Seiren" I got up from the table and all the vampires bowed as they watched me leave.