Chapter 1: The smirk

COLETTE SAPPHIRE MCKENZIE'S POV

"And then we'll go shopping for clothes after because really, I think I'm wearing the same clothes over again this past weeks." my childhood best friend, Courtney, rambled while we're going to my locker.

"Woah there! Who said I wanna go shopping with you? You take hours to shop! It's tiring, really." I told her. Last time I went shopping with her, it took us almost 9 hours and you know what? 'Its just for an hour. After that I'll treat you somewhere for you to eat. Promise.' she said.

Yup. 9 hours and she didnt treat me dinner.

So much for promises, bestie.

"Pretty please Saph! After that, we'll do anything you want." then she pulled her puppy eyes as we reached my locker.

Ugh. I hate that.

"Fine." I sighed.

I hate myself too.

I placed all my stuff in my locker and we both went in the cafeteria. After getting our food, we immediately went to our table which was already filled with our friends chatting.

Alright. Short introduction of my friends. First off, Skylar Angelica Harrisson. The 'gossip girl' of our group. She knows almost everything that happens in and out of the school but she makes sure its true. Next is Serenity Elise Avalon. Her name is the definition of her quality, calm. She is shy and quiet at times but if someone messes with her or anyone that she cares about, all hell will break loose. She's also the smartest of the group and that leads us to the next person, Russel Gregory Craig. He is quite the opposite of Serenity. Loud and kinda low on the IQ and common sense part but is really funny on some occasions.

Anyway, next we have Jerome Cole Stewart. He's into sports and the athletic one in our group. That leaves us with me and Court. Courtney Jeniffer Sage is the one who loves fashion and boys. I, on the other hand was the sarcastic, all-smiles-slash-optimistic kind of gal.

"Hey, Sapphire! Courtney! How are you guys?" asked Sky.

"Yo Harrison, tell Court what you found out today." Jerome said.

Sky rolled her eyes. "I know Stewart. Thats what I'm about to do stupid."

"I thought I'm the one who's stupid." Russel said scratching his head.

"Ugh. I give up with you two." Skylar groaned.

I chuckled. "Don't worry Russel, we still love you bro." I said while ruffling his hair. Which ended up by him swatting it. "Did you just bro-zoned me?!" he asked playfully

"Anyway, Sky what's the news?" Courtney asked while sitting next to her while I sat next to Serenity and Russel. So the seating arrangement went with I in the middle of Serenity and Russel with Sky in front of me in the middle of Jerome and Courtney.

"There's this new guy and he's hot." Sky started.

"Sizzling hot?" Court asked with a wide smile.

"Sizzling." Sky confirmed nodding.

I snorted. Sizzling? What? Is the guy some kind of food or something?

"Hey have you studied for chemistry? I bet Ms. Tage will give us a hard time on our test." I said turning to Serenity while having a bite on my burger.

"Ah yes. That woman always have the hardest test! Isn't her lecture enough of our torture already?" she said shaking her head.

"I know right! Hey, can you please come with Court and I on the weekend? She's gonna go shopping." I asked then bit on my burger once again.

She laughed "That girl takes hours to shop. Remember last time when sh--" she stoped mid sentence. No. I'm not really sure if it's really the middle of her sentence. But. Alright. Who cares.

Wait. What is she looking at? Is she staring? By then, I realized the whole table was quiet. No.

The whole cafeteria is quiet. And they seem to be staring at something. More like someone.

I turned around and immediately regretted it. He was smirking while walking across the cafeteria like he owned it.

That smirk. It never changed.

It was him.

I gulped and choked on my burger.

He's back.

------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for giving this book a chance.

Sorry it's short and crappy. It's just the start I promise to make it better.

Please don't steal my story. :(

Feel free to vote, comment or private message me if you have suggestions for the story, cover etc.

I'll try update tomorrow..

Love you guys! :*

××Kat××