Chapter 14: Surprise visitor

Sapphire's POV.

I woke up again with a throbbing head this morning. But at least it was better. My bruises were not as bad anymore so after another day of absence in school, I decided to go back.

"What happened to you? You skipped school for two days and you didn't even answer my calls. Where have you been? Wait, is that a bruise on your cheek?" Courtney asked as she held my face and inspected my fading bruise. I sighed and let her inspect it. As my best friend, it's in out nature to go all motherly on each other when one is hurt or dirty.

"It's nothing, Court. I was so tired the other day that I face planted on my locker. Besides, my charger's missing. Why didn't you come over?" I asked. I didn't want to tell her the truth cause it will unleash her inner war freakness. Especially when Daniella and Ethan are both famous in our school. It will only cost more problems.

"I was about to go after school to drop off the homework and other things you missed. But my mom called and told me to go to our house. ASAP. You know, my brother, yet again, landed in the principal's office for putting a dead rat in a poor boy's locker." she sighed. Her little brother is kind of a rebel. I guess he, too, was craving for his parents' attention. Poor guy.

"Anyway, here are the paper's you missed." she said giving me a stack of worksheets.

Damn. I thought I'll have a break from all these worksheets.

"There's this new guy I wanted you to meet since the day of your absence. He has the brownest eyes I have ever seen." she said enthusiastically.

Brown eyes? hmm.. Interesting.

"He has a good sense of humor and very entertaining." she continued and I nodded.

Sense of humor? Entertaining? sounds familiar.

"How did you guys meet?" I asked. "I just helped him get to his first class and invited him for lunch. The gang loved him!" she said while we walked to the school's garden. It was our free period, after all.

"But if you want him, you can have him. He's not my type. I'm more on the mysterious kind of guy. Adam Colby for example. Smart, quiet and mysterious." she gushed.

"Oh wait. He's here." she said. "Who? Adam?" I asked but when I turned around, it was far from Adam.

"Hey Damien!!" Courtney waved.

Damien smiled and waved back. He walked towards us and that's where he recognized me. "Hello Bella." he nodded.

"Damien." I whispered.

"Bella? Do you guys know each other?" Coutney asked looking back and forth between Damien and I.

"Yeah. We met in a park." I said not taking my eyes off of him.

"I told you we'll meet again." he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I said getting over the shock and sitting down on the grass, opening my book.

Courtney did the same and looked at me "Explain."

"It was nothing. We just walked and talked in the park. He calls me Bella cause I thought he's like Edward Cullen. So, that's it." I said with a smile and looked at Damien standing awkwardly.

"Would you like to sit down?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"I'm glad you asked." he smiled widely and sat down beside me.

"I smell chemistry!" Courtney squealed and giggled. I slapped her. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"What? You guys look cute together." she sighed dreamily and I felt Damien nudge my ribs. "Did you hear that? She said we looked cute together." he winked and I made a gagging sound.

"As if. What she meant was that I'm cute. She didn't mean to include you." I said.

"Just admit it. We look cute together." he winked. Again.

"Shut up, Damien." I asked and just proceeded in reading my book.

"There it is again. Reading. You always read. It makes you look like a nerd." Courtney said pouting.

My mind drifted to Kayden and I's 20 questions the other day. He also told me I look like a nerd. Do I really look like a nerd? Ouch.

"I think it makes her look smart. It's cute for a girl like her. She has this smart and naive look but a fighter deep down." he smiled. My god. That smile.

At least, one person doesn't think I look like a nerd.

"Keep smiling." I told him and looked at my book nonchalantly. But I swear, I meant it.

"Gosh, court her already!" Courtney half demanded half squealed and I glared at her. Sometimes, I really think if she has really lost her marbles.

"Soon, Courtney. Soon." Damien smiled that gorgeous smile and looked at me.

What did he mean?

And why am I blushing?

----------------<><>----------------

A/N:

Thank The Selection for my sudden inspiration for updating today haha :)

Credits to REAlistic_heart for the new cover. She made me lots already!!

I have a cover fetish haha! ;) Thanks darbee!

Vote. Comment. Admire Maxon. [haha ;)]

××K××