Chapter 15: Passenger seat

Sapphire's POV.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Kayden as I saw him leaning on my locker.

"What? No hi, hello?" he asked smirking. "Move, Kayden." I said and he obligued. "Someone's in a bad mood."

"I'll just pick bunny up and we'll go." he said as he realized I really wasn't in the mood. It's Courtney's fault! She's encouraging Damien that we look cute together. It's irritating especially when Damien joined in.

Speaking of, I saw Courtney walking towards the parking lot so I called out her name. She turned around and walked towards me. "Hey! What do you want?" she said smiling.

"I'm not gonna ride with you today. I'm with him." I pointed to Kayden. She looked to my side and her eyes went wide. After a few seconds, she returned to her normal state but with a disappointed look on her face. "I thought you were referring to Damien." she said looking so glum. She's really setting me up with that guy. I wonder why.

I hit her upside the head "Why would I be with him? Besides, Kayden and I only have 5 more days to finish our observation with our rabbit." Time flies so fast. 5 more days with Kayden. Oh my. Am I crushing on the school's bad boy?

No, I shouldn't. Being with him already brought me a lot of bruises. I don't want any more pain and trouble.

"But he told me he would bring you home.." she trailed off. "Really?" I asked "Why?"

"I don't know. He knew that you dont have a car and you just get a ride from any of the gang. He volunteered to do so when you were getting food." she explained. "Anyway, I'll text you later. Mom on the phone." she said and answered her phone while she walked away.

"Who's Damien?" Kayden said beside me and I jumped. I forgot he was here. "New student. Friend of ours." I said as I got my bag from my locker and closed it.

"Let's go." I told him as I got all of my things. He catched up with me and asked "What does he look like?"

I shrugged. "As tall as you, I guess. Maybe 2 inches shorter. Brown hair and eyes. Usually has a beanie."

I stopped walking and I looked at him. He stopped too, looking at the ground. He has a calculating look in his face. Like, he's in thought. I held his arm. "You okay?"

"Why is he offering you a ride?" he asked as he looked up and I shrugged. "Pity, I guess." I looked around and saw that we were in the middle of the parking lot which was nearly deserted.

"Does he look good to you? I mean, do you see him as handsome?" he asked as he stared at me.

Is he jealous? I thought and butterflies flew in my stomach.

"There's no denying it, for other girls. Well, I don't know." I shook my head.

"I dont care what other girls think, Sapphire. I'm asking you. It's a yes or a no, Sapphire." he looked intensely at me with his peircing green eyes. Those green eyes that held a lot of emotions that I can't understand. Those green eyes that seem to hypnotize me every time I look at them.

"No. He's not." I found myself shake my head. "You're much better." I said. The words I'm saying just comes out of my mouth naturally. It's like I can't stop it. What's happening to me?

I saw a smile begin to form and his features soften. "Let's go?" he asked and held his hand for me to hold.

And I did.

-----------------------

"Can I please ask where we're going?" I whined, the rabbit on my lap.

"No. Sapphire please. Just shut up." Kayden sighed and I pouted. "That's what you said for the nth time!" I whined again.