Chapter 5: Technically, it's a bunny

Sapphire's POV

"Dress pretty, dear. We don't want to scare them do we?" my mom said smiling while I glared at her.

Why would I glare at my mother you ask? Well someone, seem to forget that we will have some visitors today. 

.

.

It was around 8 am when my mom decided to barge into my room, and wake me up. She said that since it was a Saturday, she made an arrangement with the Howards to have dinner with them tonight.

"And Terrence, son, put on at least a shirt please." my mom reminded as she went out of my room and my brother and I groaned simultaneously.

"But mom can't we just do it some other time? Like - I don't know - never!" I said following her out the room and I saw my brother get out of his room too, complaining. "Can I please pass this one, mom? It's unfair! I'll be leaving tomorrow anyway!" he said.

"The more reason to go Terrence. The whole McKenzie family welcoming them before you go back to your university." my mom said camly walking down the stairs.

"This fucking sucks." Terrence said running a hand through his hair. "Language, Terrence." my father scolded as he got out from their room.

"Tell me about it." I said walking - more like stomping - back to my room to feed my rabbit. "Is that Kayden kid still bothering you?" Terrence asked following me. "Now that I think of it, no." I answered truthfully. "But we're paired to take care of this rabbit for two weeks." I continued.

"At least he's not bothering you. And isn't that a bunny?" he asked cocking his head to the left eyeing the rabbit or bunny or whatever it is. "Whatever. I'm gonna eat breakfast and pack for uni." he said then left the room.

I finished letting the rabbit eat before putting it at the side with its cage and lied down on my bed. I just really hope neither my mom nor Kayden embarass me tonight.

-----------------------------------------

"Terrence! Open the goddamn door!" I shouted as the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock that read 6:00 pm while hopping on one foot, trying to wear my baby blue doll shoes perfect for the blue dress I'm wearing. And being the awesome person I am, I managed to trip into thin air and my hand landed into...

the bunny's 'mess'. In other words, poo. Yes. Poo as in shit.

I am one lucky girl aren't I?

"They're here Saph!" Terrence announced.

Oh yes. Lucky indeed. Please note sarcasm and sour look on my face.

I rushed to the bathroom and quickly rinsed my hand and dried it. "Ugh. Why do you have to do that? You naughty little rabbit." I muttered glaring at the poor rabbit.

"You know, technically, it's a bunny." someone said. I jumped at the voice and turned around.

"So I've been told now please shut up Howard." I seethed then pushed past him and went downstairs. "Just sayin." he shrugged.

"Ah, we're complete." my mom said clapping her hands excitedly and I gave her a weird look. Did they start drinking already? "How about we all take a seat, yes?" my father said and I sat beside Terrence and - unfortunately - in front of Kayden.

Once seated, both our fathers started talking about business while our moms were talking about some cooking recipe. Needless to say, the three of us were just awkwardly eating our steak.

Until Terrence nudged me in the ribs. "What?" I hissed. My goodness can't I eat in peace? "Well, say something." he whispered raising an eyebrow and nodding his head at Kayden.

"Why me? You're the older sibling!" I said looking over at Kayden who was happily devouring the steak. poor steak.

"What was that Sapphire?" my mom asked and all eyes were on me.

I gulped. "Uhh.. nothing important." I said and she shook her head. "So Kayden, I believe you have met my daughter? She's Colette Sapphire but never call her Colette, she hates it. One time, I tried calling her that, she--" my mom reminisced

"Mom! I told you not to speak of it!" I said, hearing Kayden chuckle in front of me. "Don't worry Mrs. M, we already met." he said.

"Ahh yes. You're working on a project, right?" my mom asked trying to make conversation.

"That's right, Mrs. M." he said smiling at me and I rolled my eyes at him. "We're taking care of a bunny, actually." he said emphasizing the word 'bunny' while smirking at me.

"Which I'm the only one actually taking care of it right now." I but in looking back at him.

"Well then I will take it home tonight." he replied still smirking.

"Then make sure you feed him three times a day at 8AM, 12AM and 7AM. Bathe him every other day, check his temperature every hour and take note of it. Clean his cage every time it poos or pees. He likes his carrots smooth and feed him two in the afternoon at said time. If he--"  I ranted.

"Wait. Hold your horses. How do you know its a he." my brother asked and I looked at him. I, myself, was curious too.

"I don't know.." I said and hear Kayden chuckle. "Got it mam. Do you want me to put diaper in it too?" he smirked.

"So, dessert anyone?" my mom asked and I whip my head to them. They heard all of that?

I internally groaned.

This is one hell of a family gathering. Another reason to hate Kayden it is.

-------------------------------------------

After dinner, I quickly went to my room and freshened up. I went to the rabbit and fed it the carrot I got from the kitchen. "I'll take care of that." Kayden said from the doorway before entering.

I gave him the carrot and he crouched down next to the rabbit. Wow, the bad boy feeding a rabbit. Isn't that a scene? I thought which brought me back to reality. "What are you doing?" I asked watching him from behind.

He turned to me and said"uhm.. feeding the rabbit?" which sounded like a question.

After feeding the rabbit, he got up and carried the cage. "Alright. I'm going home." he announced about to leave.

"Wait. You're being true to your word? You're actually helping me?" I asked.

"Psh. Of course not. Both our parents heard what I said, so I'm gonna pretend I'm good at school or something." he said.

I knew it. The bad boy helping me on our project? Good luck with that.

"Get ready tomorrow night. I'll pick you up at 8." he continued.

"What? What's tomorrow?" I asked.

"Our date with bunny." he said nonchalantly and got out of my room while I stood frozen.

Well, look on the bright side.

At least, Skylar has a new gossip to talk about.

Yeah right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------**

A/N:

I updated! yey! Back to school tomorrow.. :( I hope that this chap makes up for the last short chapters.. :)

Anyways,

Credits to @REAlistic_heart for the really pretty cover! :) woot! woot!
.
.

Vote and Comment! =)

××K××

**P.S. I dont know if those rabbit facts are true.. I just wrote them haha : )