Chapter 2: 'You were just kindergartens back then'

COLETTE SAPPHIRE MCKENZIE'S POV

~Flashback.~

"Push harder Cyril!" I shouted. We were playing in the playground with my kindergarten classmate, Cyril. Then I spotted the swing set and let him push me.

"Ouch!" I heard Cyril said. And when I looked behind I saw Howard was already the one pushing me and Cyril on the floor. I guess he pushed Cyril since a lot of my classmates said that he was naughty.

"Howard, what are you doing? I'm gonna tell you to my mommy!!" I yelled since I can't move from the swing set. I heard Cyril cry and run back to the classroom.

" I'm just playing with you. And ugh I told you not to call me by my last name!" Howard said while pushing me very high.

"Put me down please." I was about to cry that moment and I was so scared that I put both hands on my eyes hence, falling of the fast-moving swing.

I screamed until I fell down the ground and rolled. I hit Howard and we both rolled down, resulting him on top of me.

And a broken arm.

I ended up in the emergency room and the nurse said it will be okay after a few weeks. I was with Howard the whole time because my mommy said we need to 'settle things' but all he did was chuckle at me every now and then.

I didn't talk to him for three days after that.

~End of flashback.~

That was just one of the many things Howard did to annoy and hurt me. And when I say many, I mean many. There was one time when he tricked me to going to school at 5AM because there is some sort of 'secret meeting' and that I need to sneak out of the house because, well, its a secret. And then there was one time when he placed a worm at the back of my shirt while talking to a classmate. How about the time when he put icing on my face on my birthday. Then he gave me flowers with bees and red ants on it as a present.  Don't get me started when he--

I stopped my thoughts right there. Who rambles in their thoughts? Oh. Right. Me. Anyway, that was just some of the things he did to me when we were little. Only, Courtney knew those things. After all, she is my best friend.  Fortunately, the Howard family moved somewhere in LA when we were in second grade. Calling him 'Howard' was the only thing that I did to annoy him. I never tried his pranking-slash-annoying tactics that he used because I'm just not that kind of girl. Now, he was back and in the same school as me! He also claimed the sterotypical cliché title of 'the badboy' in just a span of three hours. Wow. Bravo, Howard. You did great.

Luckily, he hasn't noticed me yet.

And boy, was I relieved.

After, seeing him in the cafeteria, I immediately finished my burger- after drinking water of course, I choked remember?-and excused myself to go out of there.

Courtney, since she knows me best, followed me out until the school's garden. "What is it?" she asked.

"He's here." I said still shocked.

"Who is?!" she practically yelled.

"Howard!" I told her.

"Howard? The one who cost you too many trips to the emergency room?" she asked.

Yes. I had a lot of trips to the emergency room. The doctors and nurses aren't even surprised that I'm there. They're like 'So, what happened this time?'. It's getting really embarassing if you asked me.