Chapter 30: Post-it

Song of the chapter: "Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
Where'd it all go wrong?
But the list goes on and on"
~ Gives you Hell; TheAll-American Rejects

Sapphire'sPOV.

The next day was surprisingly uneventful but Wednesday was impossibly muchmoreinteresting and surprising. Only two days left before the singing contest and I really don't know what to do - or sing.

And it's driving me nuts. Especially, when Courtney keeps on pressuring me.

I was really lazy so I called her and asked her if she could pick me up in the morning but she said she'll be running late so I called Damien.

"What'sup?" he asked and I could feel him grinning through his phone. I don't get how he could be so cheery at this hour in the morning.

"Hey. Uhm, canyoupickmeupto school?" I asked as I ate breakfast.

"Sure, I'llbetherein 15 minutes." he replied and we hung up.

I decided to wait for him outside so I quickly ate and went outside. What surprised me was that, there was a long strip of put-together post its taped on our front door. I untaped it and my eyebrows quickly shot up.

When I unfolded it, there was at least 50 post its taped together and written there was a straight and neat handwritting.

I'msorryforputtingaworminyour pocketwhenyouweretalkingtoDavid.

I'msorryforpushingyouofftheswing when, obviously, Cyrilwaspushingit.

I'msorryfortrippingyouinfrontofthe wholeclass.

I'm sorry because there were bees on your flowers for your birthday present .

That, and a whole lot more of apologies written on the post its. And at the very bottom;

I'm really sorry for hurting you . I seriously was a jerk . Please, princess, letmeexplain.

Signed, Kayden.

Don't give in too easy, Sapphire. Look where that got you last time.

I told myself to just forget about him. I told myself I won't cry. I told myself I won't cry overhim. I told myself not to fall for him. But I did, okay?

I did.

And I wouldn't do the same mistake all over again.

I drew in a breath and folded up the post its. I placed it in my bag and as if on cue, Kayden walked out of his house. "Need a ride?" he said with a small smile. A genuine one.

I turned to look at him but then there was a honk in front of my house. Damien's here.

I bit my lip and sighed. I looked over at Kayden and saw him glaring at the windshield of Damien's car and quickly turned to look at me. His eyes almost pleading. I gripped my bag tightly on my shoulders and gave him a short shake of my head.