Chapter 19: The date

Sapphire's POV.

Thud!

"Ugh." I woke up groaning when my head made contact with the floor.

I cursed in my head and opened both eyes. I lifted my arms and removed the pillows and blankets on top of me.

"What was that?" I hissed as my eyes landed on a smirking Kayden. Did he just push me off my bed?

"The car is fixed and you won't get up. I checked us out already so hurry up." he said picking up my shoes and tossed it to me.

I won't get up? As far as I know, I am a light sleeper. "Did you even try yo wake me up?" I asked standing up from the floor and put on my shoes, which he tossed.

He shrugged still smirking and went to the door. "Pick up the pace, Sapphire. Don't forget the rabbit."

I glared at the door since he already got out and went to the bunny after putting on my shoes. Why do I even like that bastard, I'm not sure.

Hold up.

Like that bastard??

Yesterday, I admitted having a crush on him. Now, I like him? Get a grip, Sapphire. You can't like him. And you won't like him. Got it?

Got it.

Great. I'm talking to myself.

----------------------------

"Thanks for the ride.. I guess." I said awkwardly as I removed my seatbelt and prepared to leave.

"Wait." Kayden called out as I got one foot out of the car. "Yeah?" I responded turning to him, which was kinda hard because the rabbit is still on my lap.

"Since we're working on this project, and we're running a bit late.." he said scratching the back of his head nervously. "I'll just be your ride to and from school." he finished with an awkward smile.

I thought about it and nodded. I can just go down one block before school to avoid having another scene with Daniella and her friends. Plus, It's not like he can kill me because for him to do that, he has to kill himself too. Which I doubt he will do.

Unless he's suicidal. My mind said. 

I shook my head and smiled. “I don’t see why not. See you tomorrow.” I waved and got out off his car. He nodded and zoomed off the moment I closed the door. Well, someone’s not going home. I thought.

I turned around and almost jumped three feet when I saw someone on the front steps. “Took you long enough.” He said.

“Why are you here and how did you know this is my house?” I asked and he shrugged. “Lucky guess?”

I stared at him blankly and he raised both of his arms. “Okay. I asked Courtney.” He said standing up from the front steps.

“Again, why? You almost scared me.” I said calming from my fright and walking to the front door. “Almost is never enough.” He smirked quoting a song. I noted he loves doing that. Quoting a song and pissing me off.

“As to your question, I was just bored so I decided to come to your house. Only to find out that no one is at home and to wait for about..” he trailed off looking at his watch as I opened the door and went in. “An hour and a half.” He concluded and followed me inside before closing the door.

“Where have you been?” he asked.

“Are you just quoting a Rihanna song or are you seriously asking me that?” I asked smirking as I went to grab two tubs of ice cream and spoons before returning to the living room and handing him one.