It Doesn't Work That Way Chapter 7

I opened my door to find Maya and Stella sitting on my bed. Go figure.

"So how'd it go?" Stella asked.

"He took me to the bowling alley we went to on our first date." I said taking my sweater off.

"Who won?"

"Me of course he totally sucks at bowling. He always has."

"Wow! Something the GREAT Sean Matthews sucks at! Who knew?!"

"Stella stop. I know you don't like him but I do. I know I shouldn't. I know I'm going to get hurt, but I can't help it. So please don't act like you want to kill him all of the time."

"Fine. Only for you though because you might have a mental breakdown if I don't." I chuckled at that.

"So did you kiss?" Maya asked.

"Umm yep we did. Four times and another time that was a bit more."

"You made out in a bowling alley?" Stella said.

"Yes we did. Not the best place for it I admit, but I couldn't help it."

"Apparently he couldn't either."

"Stella! Please stop!"

"Yeah you're not being very fair." Maya said.

"Life's not fair! And apparently I've had good reason to be pissed at him! He hurt you Rose! And you're just welcoming him back with open arms!"

"I am NOT welcoming him back! You don't even know what happened between us! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HE HURT ME! Mostly because I didn't tell you and he didn't tell anyone either." After saying that I immediately regretted it.

"What?"

"You didn't tell us? What didn't you tell us?" Maya said looking at me.

"Nothing it doesn't matter." I said trying to brush it under the rug.

"No Rose tell us. What happened?" Stella demanded

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I'm not ready to talk about it." Tears began to escape my eyes.

"That's not alright with me! We are your best friends!! You are supposed to talk to us about these things not hide them from us."

"Stella back off a bit. She's not ready to talk about it yet, when she's ready she'll tell us." Maya said trying to calm Stella down.

"NO! I will not calm down! SHE HID THIS FROM US!!"

"Why are you so pissed?" I asked drying my eyes

"Because he hurt you Rose, and you're hiding whatever it is you are hiding!"

"No I know you, you don't get THIS worked up over something like this. There's something you're not telling us." I said crossing my arms.

"Why does it matter if I'm hiding something? You're hiding something!"

"Stella, what's wrong?" Maya asked. Stella looked at us and sighed.

"That summer after I got back from Mexico I went to a party. Maya was still in Britain and you were at your grandparents. There was alcohol at the party, I got a little tipsy not enough to be full out drunk, but enough that I wasn't functioning all that well. Anyway Daniel started flirting with me and I flirted back. I woke up the next morning with him lying next to me."

"Stella. Sweetie you were part of the bet. Why didn't you tell us?"

"I was ashamed. I didn't want either of you to know about it and think differently of me."

"Why? Stella we wouldn't have done that. We could have helped you." I said sitting down next to her.

"Because like you I really like Daniel, but unlike you I let him get exactly what he wanted from me and he left."

"I'm so sorry!" Maya said.

"So now I understand why you dislike Sean so much." I said.

"And I understand why you still like Sean even after what he did to you."

"You still like Daniel don't you." I said more as a statement than a question, but Stella answered almost automatically.

"Yep, can't explain why but I do. I know I shouldn't yet I still do."

"There's nothing wrong with liking him Stella." I said putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Yep there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Hey hasn't he been flirting with you lately?" Maya said sitting down on the other side of Stella.

"Yes but that doesn't mean anything." Stella said looking down at her hands.

"You don't know that! It could mean a lot of things." Maya said getting excited.

"Maya I don't think now is the best time to be talking about this. Some other time maybe." I said looking at Stella's sad expression. "So let us move on to happier topics. Such as homecoming, that's coming up in what two weeks? We should go shopping tomorrow for dresses, because if Sean asks me I'm going to have to go with him and for that I'm going to need a new dress."

"You always need a new dress Rose." Maya said smiling at me.

"Exactly! So we're going shopping!"

"Hey Rose what happens if Mike asks you?" Stella says looking at me.

"I don't know Sean wasn't very clear about all of that. But I probably won't have to worry about that because Mike hasn't spoken to me since the party on Friday."

"He hasn't?! That's quite unlike him to ask someone out and then not talk to them." Maya said with a confused look on her face.

"Maybe you were a bad date. Or he found someone new and he likes her better. Or he got even more wasted that night and slept with someone and feels horrible about it so he's not talking to you because he feels so bad." Stella said.

"Thanks Stel that makes me feel so much better." I said frowning at her.

"Hey just trying to help a friend out." She said smirking at me.

Alrighty so it's been awhile. Sorry midterms sucked and now finals are taking up a bunch of my time. This chapter is definitely the definition of a filler chapter. Again sorry. Hopefully I'll be able to update again after spring term ends. I guess it kinda depends on whether my friends plan on dragging me along on their crazy spring break party plans. And a BIG SHOUT OUT to fearless_sapphire for following! By the way LOVE your username!! And seriously people let me know what you think!! I want to know!!!!