It Doesn't Work That Way Chapter 8

*Beep beep* beep beep* *beep beep*

"Rose if you don't shut that damn phone up I will throw it against the nearest wall!" Stella yelled putting a pillow over her head.

"That didn't work the last time you tried it. It broke, but it kept beeping and we couldn't stop it." Maya said sitting up rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

*Beep beep*

"ROSE!!"

"Sorry! Found it!" I said after tripping over several objects to get to my phone. It was a text from Mike: Hey I was wondering if we could talk. Can you meet me at the cafe on 3rd at 9?

"Who do I need to kill for waking me up?" Stella grumbled.

"Mike he wants to talk. He told me to meet him at the cafe on 3rd at nine."

"Well I'll meet him at nine and kill him so then you don't have to meet him and I'll be able to go back to sleep."

"Oh Stel! You're so silly when you're grumpy. What time is it? Are you going to meet him?" Maya said patting Stella on the head.

"It's seven. I don't know should I go? I mean is it a good idea?" I asked.

"It's seven?!?! What the actual hell!?!?!?! Now I'm really gonna kill him! It's seven o'clock on Friday morning! What kind of person is up at seven? And what kind of person goes around waking others up at seven on a Friday morning?!?!!?!?" Stella said freaking out.

"Calm down Stel you can kill him after I find out what he wants." I tell her walking over to my closet.

"Fine, but tell him it will be very slow and agonizingly painful."

"Will do sweetie."

"Good. Don't forget slow and painful." She muttered falling back onto her pillow and going straight back to sleep. Maya and I laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning!" Mike said a bit too cheerfully for my taste.

"Morning?" I said back.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up when I texted you?"

"Um..yeah. You kind of did, along with Stella and Maya."

"Sorry! I thought you would be awake by seven."

"No, not on no school days. Sundays and school days yes, but not any other day I don't have to be."

"I am so sorry."

"Don't be it's really no big. So why did you ask me to come here? What did you wanna talk about?"

"Yes, right well, um, I'm sorry for not talking to you after the party. I just heard about you and Sean and I got mad so I didn't call you."

"What exactly did you hear about Sean and I?" I asked hoping he hadn't heard about the kissing.

"Your bet. I also heard that you lost so you have to date him for a certain amount of time, I think I heard several months."

"Just a month."

"What?"

"Only a month. I only have to date him for a month."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So what's up with all of that anyway? Can you date other people while this is going on?"

"I don't actually know. I didn't actually think he would win so we didn't go into the specifics."