Chapter Ten

Terrance awoke to a loud crack of thunder of bolted upright in his bed. Wait, no, not his bed. A giant pillow. Jenna's no doubt. But why did she and Cassandra leave him alone? He hates being alone. Especially now that he has them to be around. "J-Jenna?" He called out, not wanting to be too loud. What if her mom heard him? Or worse, Chris?! The thought of that male human finding him was enough to petrify him. 

Inhaling deeply, he began the slow decent from the bed to the floor. Before his feet even touched the ground, he was yanked away from the bed. A small squeak of fear escaped his lips and he cursed under his breath before looking to see who it was. 

"A-Are you okay?" Cassandra asked, stifling a laugh at the look of shock and fear on the Mini's face. She didn't mean to scare him, she was just a little afraid he was going to fall. And Jenny sent her up to get him anyway.

"You startled me!" He said with a slight whine. "That wasn't funny. I know you want to laugh but don't! Just tell me what you want." Situating himself in her grasp, he looked up at the blond's brown eyes with a small smile.

"Jenna's mom is home. And Jenna's ready to have you come down and talk to her. She's been telling her mom that she needs to have an open mind about the person she's showing her and all that crap." Carefully, she tucked the Mini into her purse. "I'll take you down this way so Chris doesn't see you." She had lowered her voice to a whisper as she exited the room and went downstairs.

Terrance sat uncomfortably in the bag, sitting between a cell phone and wallet. Though it was dark, he was quite used to being in it. The dark anyway. It made his eyes adjust quicker than any humans ever would. 

There was a slight swaying motion which seemed to suddenly stop. Everything turned silent, and it scared him a bit. Just as he began to call out for Cass, light flooded into the bag. He could hear a feminine voice.

"Jenna I'm just a little confused dear. Where could your friend be? If he's up in your room, and you two were doing something-" The woman he could only assume was Jenna's mother was cut off by the familiar voice of Jenna herself.

"No, no mom. Nothing like that. He's just a little different, but he's really very sweet. Cass, you got him right?" She asked, her tone soft.

"Yup. I got the shorty." Cassandra said with a laugh, reaching into her bag. Delicately curling her fingers around the Mini, she lifted him out to show Jenna's mother. 

As soon as Jenna's mom saw him, her eyes widened in confusion and shock. She whispered something under her breath which none of the three were abe to make out, but Terrance was utterly terrified. He didn't know how she was going to react.

Jenna smiled at her mother, carefully taking Terrance from Cassandra. "Mom, this is Terrance. He was living in the walls and...I'm making sure he's taken care of now. He's a different species of human, a Mini." She explained, gently clutching him against her chest much to his own embarrassment. 

"I...I don't know what to say. He's certainly small." She whispered, looking over him curiously but not as curious or surprised as Terrance had thought she'd be. To his relief at least. "Can I talk to him for a moment? Alone, please dear. I have a few things I'd like to tell him."

Jenna paused for a moment, glancing at Cass nervously before hesitantly placing Terrance on the surface of the coffee table. She wasn't sure whether to leave him alone with her mom, but she trusts her. She trusts she won't do anything to hurt the Mini. "Okay, mom. I'll be right back, I'll get us something to drink. Oh, and make sure Chris doesn't see him, please."

Once her mother nodded, Jenna pulled Cassandra to the kitchen with her and Terrance turned his gaze up to meet the eyes of this new giantess. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, she cut in.

"I don't know why I feel compelled to you, Terrance. But I have to tell someone I trust around my daughter. I trust Cass, but not with this secret. As I said, I don't know why I want to tell you. Can you please, please promise me you won't tell Jenna or anyone? I don't want my own daughter to hate me." She whispered to the Mini, knowing she was possibly making him uncomfortable but this is important.

"O-Okay ma'am." Terrance nodded, looking up at the human with confusion plain on his face. What would she trust him with? Why wouldn't she tell anyone, not even Jenna?

"Jenna's father...he's not dead." The woman mumbled softly, lowering her gaze to her manicured hands. 

"W-What?" Terrance's eyes widened. "Th-Then why are you with Chris?! Why-" He stopped when her eyes focused on him again. "C-Continue."

With a heavy sigh, she continued to speak. "You see, Terrance, I had to let her father go. He's still alive because...like yourself, he too was also a Mini."