Chapter Fourteen

Terrance clamped his hands over his ears as the shot echoed through the room and tears began streaming down his face. "J-Jenna?!" He shouted, panicked before looking up and see Jenna standing with her eyes closed tightly, keeping him held against her. But she was fine, no wound, no scratches.

Jenna's eyes slowly opened to see Chris lying on the floor. His own blood was pooling around his head and she would have thought he killed himself had there not been another man standing over his lifeless body with a shotgun, breathing heavily. 

"Nobody...threatens them." The man whispered, raising his gaze to Jenna, Carla, and Terrance. His eyes locked with Carla's and she immediately broke down into tears. 

"H-Henry!" She cried out, running into the man she recognized as her husband's now open arms. "B-But you're not small, h-how are you...?"

"Human height?" Henry whispered, running a hand through his wife's hair. He only wanted to gaze upon her face. To take in the features he thought he'd never see again. "It took you a year to create that mixture. It took someone my normal size several. But I just recently finally did it. And now I'm here. I'm home."

Carla only cried into his chest, her arms wrapped around his back tightly. "W-We were looking for you. There was no sign of you. I started to think...maybe...you were dead."

"Hey now," He murmured, "don't doubt me so much, dear." Holding his wife close, his eyes wandered back to Chris's body. "This ass here. There are three witnesses that he was going to shoot first. You, myself, and..." He trailed off as he shifted his gaze to Jenna. 

Jenna could only stare at the man she recognized as her father. He looked a little worse for wear. Certainly looked tired. Slowly approaching, she kept Terrance held tightly to herself. "D-Dad?" She whispered, lowering the Mini to the floor.

A soft smile crossed his features and he nodded. "Yes, it's me." He made the first move, wrapping his arms around his daughter in a tight hug and only smiled more when she returned the hug and hid her face against him. "I'm sorry it took me so long to get home. The ingredients were only a little hard to get my hands on."

Now, had the man lying dead on the floor not have been Chris, they probably would have called the police by now. But most people secretly knew what Chris was like, they were all just scared of him. But the police could wait, and all they really wanted was to catch up. Just a little bit, before alerting the authorities of the break-in and attempted murder.

"The important thing is you're here now, and you got here just in time." Carla murmured with a wide smile before gesturing to the Mini sitting on the couch. "And that's Terrance, Jenna's own little boyfriend."

"Takes after her mother with quite a lot huh?" Henry chuckled and walked over to the couch, kneeling down to be eye level with Terrance. "Boyfriend right? I'll expect you to take care of my daughter. It may be difficult, but I can tell by that look in your eyes that you're serious." 

Terrance swallowed the lump of fear in his throat, glad to see her father was just as kind as he was hoping. "You don't have to worry sir. I-I'll do my best." Returning the smile, he gave a slight yelp when hands lifted him up and he looked to see Jenna smiling down at him.

"I'm supposed to protect you silly." Jenna giggled, giving the Mini a tight, gentle hug. "I'm so happy though. Oh, and...mom? I never did get to tell you. But now I can tell you and dad both. I-I forgive you for lying to me. I understand why you did."

Henry and Carla hugged her and Terrance both. "Good," Henry mumbled before smiling happily. "It'll be great to be a family again, eh? I've missed you both so much."

Jenna laughed quietly, shaking her head. "Daddy, you have no idea how mutual that feeling is."