Chapter 22

EEs P.O.V.
Penny and I havent been back to school in about a month. Its already september. We talked to the principle and he suggested we take online courses. So, looks like were doing internet work.

Pennys P.O.V.
EE, Eric, and I have been doing our online work for about 2 weeks. It's still hard for me to focus, The shadow man keeps coming into my head, reminding me that he cold bloodedly murdered my child.

EE is eating lunch in the dining room, Eric is still asleep, and I know what has to be done.
I slip quietly into Erics room, kneeling down at the foot of the bed, inhaling the scent of dirt and dust. Rummaging under his bed until I find the old, leather book. I pull it out, and take it to the bathroom. EE would kill me if he knew i read it.

The first hundred pages just talks about who the shadow man is, was, and what he wants...a sacrafice.
He feeds off pain and suffering. He will only leave the grievers alone and grant one wish if a life is sacraficed in his name.

Skimming through the pages, i find the details of the scrafice.
1. Must look like a suicide.
2. Note must be left.
3. No one can be told otherwise.
4. It must be in the name of the Shadow Lord.

Seems simple enough...i could make it pretty damn believable.

ERICS P.O.V.
Pen thinks I didnt hear her come in, but I did, and i know exactly what she was coming for. If I tell EE, he'll get pissed, insist its up to him, and all hell will break loose.

Neihbors P.O.V.
I'm just a little old lady who minds her own, but since that little punk girl moved into the house next door, we're always hearing crazy screams, and some odd moaning, people really need to get hobbies. Then again, im the one evesdropping.

EEs P.O.V.

I remember back to what my mom said about the book. I decide whatever it is, is worth it to get this shadow guy away from Penny.
I search my room, but the book is nowhere to be found. I check everywhere in the house, what the hell.
I knock on the bathroom door.
"Pen, you in there?"
"Yeah, taking a shit, give me a minute."
"Okay, I need to get a shower."
I head baack to my room to get cloths.

PENNYs P.O.V
I have read the book. And hid it inside the air vent in the wall, out of sight. I exit the bathroom
And head to the bedroom to write my suicide note...

EEs P.O.V.

How much you want to bet, the shadow guy took the book, to keep us from stopping him, that sadistic bastard.

Erics P.O.V.
I know whats in the book because I was there when EEs mom did the sacrafice, except that she didnt sacrafice herself.
I know that Penny already has access to it. And has probably already read it. And would be stupid for EE to do it too. And in order to keep my cousin alive, I have to let her do it...