Chapter 17

6 AM
My alarm sounds, I wake up with EE's arms wrapped around me, curled up in his bed. He must have cleaned up, dressed me, and put me in bed once i passed out. How cute. He groans, and I get up. I leave my alarm going so it will wake him up. He rolls over to sleep another thirty minutes.
I get dressed and head down stairs, Eric is already in the kitchen decked out in his Emo gear. I go to the fridge, and pull out milk, eggs, and bacon, and begin cooking.
By the time time I'm halfway done, EE is racing down the stairs, dressed, combed, and ready to go. I serve the boys and myself, and enjoy our silent breakfast.
We pile up into EE's truck with our school bags and crap we don't need.
"So you guys know that we all know you two have been fucking all summer right?" Eric says cheekilly with a smile.
Silence.
More silence.
"...well. We do now." EE peeps as we pull into his parking space at the school.
We all get out and head to the court yard. EE holding my hand, wearing his wranglers and a white tee. Im wearing one of his white tee's and blue jeans. EE on my left, Eric on my right. We strut up through the court yard and sit at one of the many empty tables. Eric puts his ear buds in and begins his ignoring ritual. While EE and I enjoy our silence in the courtyard. I rest my head on his shoulder. Nothing could beat this. This is perfection.
The bell rings to go to our first class, we got our scheduals last week at Open House.
Now the truble is finding them. EE has Football while I'm in English, and English while I'm in JROTC. Other than that our classes are the same. All chior is in one period, and all band is in one period.

We head to our first periods. I have English so he walks with me, holding my hand down the hall way, everyone is staring.
I redyed my hair last week back to its natural colour and cut is so it was all straigh and layered. My wrists are almost healed completely, so no need to wear all my bracelets.

We get to my class, he kisses mw on the foehead as we arrange wear to meet after class, and heads to the feild house so as not to tardy.
I take a seat in the front of the class, getting out what i know ill need: pencil, phone, paper, ear buds. I put in one earbud and wait for Mrs. WHAT'sHERFACE comes in.
First period passes slowly. Next, chior. EE and i meet up in the parking lot heading to the chior building. He takes my hand, with a firm grip, pulls me as close to his side as he could.
We walk into the familiar, bage walled, fresh smelling, chior room. Risers strung from one end of the room to the other.
The room slowly fills up with people coming in from all directions, taking there places on the risers.
EE and i standing in the middle, both Altos, singing our warm ups. Mrs. Harris our new Chior Teacher, is handing out new shitty music, but when she asks for soloists, EE's hand the first of few to go up. This is really unlike him.
**
The rest of the day is sluggish and weird. I have Eric in a couple of classes too and he keeps staring at me, like, wtf?

At the end of the day we pile up in EE's truck and head back to the house. Eric's mom is at work, she works 15hr shifts as a waitress. (And a pole dancer on the side, but its chill, no one has to know).

We go in and drop our bags, I imediately feel like my stomach is going to kill me. All my food from the day is going to spew out of my mouth. I dart for the closest trashcan, which is placed stratigically next to EE's moms old chair. EE grabs my hair before it can be coated in the unidentifiable food chunks, then again, they weren't identifiable before I ate them, so its okay. I wipe my mouth, and fall to the floor.
My eyes are only half open, but i see a cloud of black smoke begin to appear in the chair, then the Shadow Man is there.
"TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK, WHAT MIGHT WE HAVE HERE. MORNING SICKNESS? OBVIOUSLY. I MEAN, I DOESNT HAVE TO BE MORNING TO PUKE. I SINCERELY HOPE YOU WERENT PLANNING ON KEEPING THOSE CHUNKS OF FOOD DOWN, BECAUSE THAT WILL HAPPEN FOR ANOTHER 3 MONTHS."
"Three months? Shes barley two months along? Are you saying this baby is going to be premature!!??"
"OH, I WOULD NEVER, THE CHILD DID NOTHING WRONG, THREE MONTHS IS AN INCENTIVE. DO AS I SAY, JOIN MY SIDE, ETC, AND THE BABY LIVES. IGNORE MY ORDERS, AND IT WILL CESE TO EXIST."
And with that the Shadow Man is gone as swiftly as he came.