Chapter 16

The cop was a bit of an older gentleman. Looking as though he's had a few too many years on the force, he discretely does an about-face and tells us to 'Get modest'.
We keep our heads low and slip out of the truck in the cloths we had been in the day before.
"Aye Lucky, they out?" A younger officer in blues asks.
"Yep. C'mon round here Newb."
The older gentleman who must be Lucky responds.
"Aye. Just coz ima new recruit and my name is Newb. Don't mean you can call me dat."
Newbie Newb says.
Newb comes around the side of the truck. He has caramel skin, blue eyes, and a dirty blond high&tight.
"Alright, turn around and put your hands on the truck. No funny buisness."
Lucky states, noting EE's obsession of putting his hands in his pockets.
"Hey. I'm sorry officer. I didn't know this place was owned, me and my girl here came up for a picnic. The veiw is beautiful. Thought it was a public landmark."
"It was, about two weeks ago the new mayor sold the property to a newcomer, guy paid a lot of cash and has us come out every morning to escort people of the site. He's paying the department extra to arrest anyone under the age of 18. I have to save for retirement, I have to my job. So please turn around."
Lucky looks tired, he probably had the night shift from the looks of his wrinkled uniform and nappy, grey and balding hair.
"Can't you just load is us into the squad car and take us home. Or follow us, no one touches his
Truck."
"The new property owner, Mr. Farity, will be taking possession of your truck. Another part of the binding contract," Newb smarts.
"Oh the hell he is!" EE screaches.
"Babe. Chill."
They rush us, noting EE's anger. Slamming the both of us into the side of the truck, face down.
"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER!"
"EE. I'll be fine. Just stay calm."
"I meant my truck!"
"Dick."
"No. You've had enough of that this weekend."
"Shut up smart ass," Lucky interjects.
And with that, we are hand cuffed and put into separate cop cars. I look out the window, EE is staring into his lap. He dare not look out the window. He won't give Newb the satisfaction of defeat. Lucky's car leads, with me in the back, like a common criminal. Newb follows us to the station. How did we get ourselves into this. School starts Monday. Today is Saturday. I don't have the option to stay a night in jail. I think silently, they don't do a real processing when they take us in, on account that we've been arrested 'Unofficially' #illegally.

Sitting here five hours now. I'm hungry. Finally, EE's aunt comes into the holding area, escorted by the two guards that brought us in.
"What in tarnashun did y'all git yerselves into?" She screaches like a Texan teradactal. That'd be a sight.
"We had sex in my truck on private property. Not know the property was private."
"Well you knew all about her private property didn't ya." One of the guards snickers with a British accent. Turning red from embarrassment. He hadn't meant to say it out loud.
The rest of us looked at him. He stops giggling and looks looked at the floor. Pphhtt probie. They unlock the cell, she must have paid off the chief with a little more than her money.

11pm.
"Remind me again why we're doing this in the dark?" I ask EE.
"So we aren't seen."
"We're going to his doorstep."
I say flatly.
No response.
We step up to the dimly lit, front porch of the newly built house.
*knock. Knock. Knock.*
The door creams open. That's never good. None the less, like every horror movie ever, we go in.
"Me. Farity?" I call, with no answer. "Mr. Farity sir, your front door was open? Mr. Farity? We've come to talk to you."
I BET YOU HAVE!
Shit.
YOU BELONG TO ME. YOU MERE PETTY HUMAN. YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU HAVE MY POWER, THAT MAKES YOU IMPORTAN? WRONG! YOU WILL DIE!
The Shadow Man.
TELL ME. WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL HIM PEGUINZ?
WHEN!
"Tell me what?" EE chimes
"He's lying EE! Ignore him!"
WHAT IS ANOTHER WAY TO PHRASE BAKING BREAD?
"I dunno. 'Bake once a day, it keeps the doctor away'?"
NO YOU IMBECILE. A BUNIN THE OVEN!
"Wait. What?"
YEAH SUNNY BOY. GROW UP TIME.
"No. What does that mean. I actually have never heard that before."
Something I've never seen before is a demon face palm. Now I can say I have seen it. And laughed. And laughed. And laughed a lot. Then slung across the room painfully. Totally worth it.
SHE'S PREGNANT YOU IMPOSSIBLE HUMAN WEASLE
"Wait. what? No. That's impossible."
OH YEAH SUNNY. HOW ISN'T IT POSSIBLE?
"Because. Pen can't bear children. She was born without ovaries. But everything else. She doesn't even have a period."
HMM THAN I WONDER WHO. OR WHAT, COULD BE RESPONSIBLE THEN. BECAUSE SHE IS.