Knight of Orange

"A long time ago, Nunnally, Suzaku, and I talked about something. We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Suzaku who said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. His reasoning made sense. He said that even though you usually don't notice it, it's still definitely there; you merely have to change your point of view slightly... and that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently," - Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Episode 7.

After storing the Gawain in the newly acquired Shikinejima air base and HQ of the Black Knights, Lelouch and C.C arrived home at the Student Council club house. The time was 10:30 PM.

Just as Lelouch entered the hallway outside of the dining room where Sayoko would serve her meals, Nunnally closed the door behind her and turned to face the source of the noise she heard.

"Lelouch? Is that you? Welcome home!" Nunnally said.

"Thank you, Nunnally, but shouldn't you be asleep by now?" Lelouch asked.

"I couldn't sleep until you came back. You did say that you would stay the night," Nunnally said. She suddenly started sniffing her nose in C.C's direction. "I smell Pizza. Is that C.C with you, Lelouch?"

"Hello, Nunnally."

"Hi, C.C! It's good to see you again!"

C.C couldn't help but smile at this. Nunnally is truly a ray of sunshine. "It's good to see you, too."

"Let's not stay out here and talk. How about the two of you come inside and get some thing to eat?" Nunnally offered.

"That is kind of you to ask, but we just ate," Lelouch said. "But we can stay for breakfast tomorrow morning."

"That'd be great! It feels like I haven't seen you in a while, though," Nunnally thought out loud.

Lelouch decided that he needed to tell Nunnally that he is going to be a father. "Actually, there is something I need to talk to you about, Nunnally."

His serious tone made Nunnally feel nervous. Lelouch would always talk to her with adoration and kindness in his voice.

Following her brother and his girlfriend into the dining room, Nunnally decided to speak. "Did something happen, Lelouch?"

Lelouch sat down in the seat across from Nunnally while C.C sat in the chair to his right where he would usually sit.

"Yes. Something did happen," Lelouch said. "You're going to be an aunt, Nunnally."

C.C simply sat there as she munched on a slice of cheese pizza, studying Nunnally's reaction.

Nunnally felt overwhelmed. "You mean... Oh my. I... I don't know what to say." A few tears streamed down her face. "C.C, how many months are you in?"

"A little over one," Said C.C, who finished her slice of Pizza. She noticed Lelouch, who gave her an incredulous look. Instead of continuing to eat her pizza, C.C gave him an apologetic but mischievous smirk and took some salad from the bowl in the middle of the table and began eating.

"Well, I am happy for both of you. Thank you for telling me, Lelouch." Nunnally grinned. "Also, this may seem a little off topic, but when is your birthday, C.C? I've been wanting to ask you this but I never came around to it."

C.C stopped chewing her food and stared at the girl in the wheelchair.

Her birthday? When was it? No one has even bothered to ask her of such a thing. Now that she thought about, not even Lelouch asked her when her birthday-