❄Ch.9 Shifteh🌸

AN; Hey partners! Hope Ya enjoy this Chapter. Just so you know there's a hint in this chapter; and last chapter that are the same but will reveal a tiny, but important part of the story plot. You won't even be able to tell what it is unless you're reading my mind from far away, but here's a small hint that'll probably help a lot if you understand...it has to do with my currently newly revealed OC from last chapter and this chapter. Those of you who actually read this will most likely find out what it is. So, enjoy!

Ch.9 Shifteh

I decided to walk home after finally getting out of the crowded halls.

"Hey, Fresh!" I looked to the side to see Palette waving to me happily, as he walked with another skeleton with hood on.

I waved back with a small smile.

At least I'm having a better time making some friends at this school than my last. At my last school Savage, Wild, and Fade were my only friends. 

This year I can already tell who my friends are; West, Palette, Blue Berry, Ivory, Alyphs, Papyrus, and Trinity. Seven friends, I'm used to only making three friends so I'm kind of surprised now. 

Blue Berry and I'm assuming the other guy with Palette as Goth, walked to the same bus together both seeming happy. 

I made my way to the gate in front of the front office, waving goodbye to my friends along the way. 

I was near the building of the front office when suddenly... 

"Hey! Wait!" A feminine silvery voice called behind me. 

I turned to see the girl from my 7th period class. 

(Pic above) She had blue skin with pink and purple like markings on her body. She had light teal eyes with her pupils being the shape of an upside-down tear drop. She had teal eyeliner and teal lipstick, with pointed ears and a tail. Her whirl wind like blue and teal hair picked up in a bun that turned into a ponytail, she wore a pink sweater with purple and teal shorts along with matching shoes. 

I thought she was calling for someone else, so I was about to start walking, until suddenly she grabbed my hand the moment I was going to continue walking.

I violently jumped at the contact holding in a yelp, I quickly pulled my hand away holding it to my chest. 

"Sorry, just trying to get your attention really quick." She breathed seeming to be out of breath.

"...D-Did you... Run all the way up here?" I stuttered still uncomfortable due to the sudden contact.

"Yup! It's not easy coming from Mr. Gaster's all the way up here." She breathed standing up straight.

"Are you okay? You seem...nervous." She asked as I realized I was slightly shaking, I instantly forced myself to stop pretending to be fine. 

"Yeah, just didn't expect you to run all the way up here is all." I spoke. 

"Oh, well I'm Shifteh. Sorry about startling you." She said smiling at me sweetly. 

"Oh, um. It's fine, I'm Fresh." I said continuing to walk with her beside me. 

"So, what are you making for Mr. Gaster's class? Me and Chara are going to make our project on Earthquakes." She asked as we both walked to the front office.

"Me and PJ decided on a Volcano, I'm just surprised he didn't bully me while we were talking about it though." I said as I noticed she frown a little. 

"Yeah...You better be careful. He's a jock, if you're not careful he'll take advantage of being your partner." She said as I nodded in acknowledgment. 

"I know that I doubt I can avoid it though..." I said as I could already see him ditching out of the project to leave me to do it, then take most of the credit when I get it done.  

"If he tries to leave you to do the project, I think you should just do it and make sure to tell Mr. Gaster, you had to do it by yourself since he doesn't know the meaning of teamwork." She spoke. 

She did have a point but one part she said didn't make sense.

He's a jock, he literally plays a sport that requires teamwork. He has to know how to do teamwork.

I doubt he would do any teamwork in a science project though. 

"Do you walk home too, or do you ride your skateboard?" She asked pointing to my board. 

"Well for the past few days I've been riding my skateboard, but I decided to take a walk for today." I answered.

"Okay. That's cool though." She said smiling more as I was confused.  

"What's so cool?" I asked. 

"The fact you can ride a skateboard. I always wanted to try to ride one that my brother has, but he hasn't been doing too well lately." She said looking down at the concrete of the sidewalk. 

"Really? Is he okay?" I asked.

"Well, I'm adopted. He's human, but he has this thing called lung cancer. He told me he'll be fine, but I can't help but worry about him." She said as I was shocked.

'She doesn't understand, does she? I can't tell her how dangerous it is for a human to get cancer, especially in the lungs. But...it's better than having brain cancer. That's so sad though...' I thought feeling pity for her and her brother. 

" He said that one day he'll be better, good as new. And when he does, he'll teach me how to skateboard." She said with a sad smile.

"I don't think he's coming back good as new though, he just seems so...miserable. I feel like he's not telling me something." She said looking up at the gate in front of us. 

"...I'm sure he'll come out fine, maybe he'll come out better than good as new." I said trying to cheer her up, she smiled kindly in response. 

"Maybe, I hope he does." She spoke.

We continued walking and talking all the way to apparently both of our street. 

Turns out she lived right next to the house across the road from me, we also got along extremely well along the way. 

"See you tomorrow at school Fresh!" She giggled waving happily after our conversation on a YouTuber called Biju Mike (did I spell that right?) 

"Bye Shifteh." I said waving as I walked inside my house. 

Make my statement earlier eight new friends. 

AN; Hope Ya enjoyed this chapter! And those of you who found the hint and searched up on it, be sure to comment a thumbs up! Till next time partners!