👪Ch.22 Shifteh's family👪

AN; I just realized that you guys and gals can get to know me through the book...*hides behind her slushie* Lol guess I found out how to be social! Hope Ya enjoy!

Ch.22 Shifteh's family

I opened my eyes as I sat up groggily.

"Morning sweetie! I washed and dried your clothes as fast as I could. So here Ya go! Luckily, we have extra toothbrushes since, Shifteh loses hers a lot so here's one for you," She said before pausing and turning back to me after putting my clothes on the nightstand." Oh, how's your head by the way sweety? Does it still hurt?" She asked as I felt my skull with my hand. Thankfully she patched me up once she stopped the bleeding last night and while I could feel where the damage was it seems she managed to mend it just enough to where you couldn't tell it was there without feeling for it.

"It's a bit tender to touch, but I feel a lot better than I did last night. Thank you, Ms. Martha" I admitted, while thanking her for her help.

"Oh no need to thank me, especially since I didn't patch you up as well as a healer could have. Once you're done getting ready just come on downstairs and eat breakfast, then you and Shifteh can walk over to school." Martha said cheerfully as she walked out of the guest room, she had let me use.

It was... weird... having someone care for me so tentatively. A good kind of weird, but also kind of bad. Why is she worrying about me? It was weird enough having someone wake me up to get ready for school. Though I guess this is what it was like to have a mother in general, maybe it was just me making this seem weird.

I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth making my way to the kitchen, I felt awkward the moment I got here.

Sitting at the table was Shifteh, Baby Grace, a human, and a teen Hawk that was on his phone.

There were two empty seats left.

"Come on. The only one that'll bite here is Castiel." Martha said.

I glanced over at the hawk like teen.

He had gold piercing eyes with a sharp hawk like beak. He was covered in black and teal feathers and wore all red and black, he has many belts buckles and chains in his outfit with black studded boots, with matching gloves.

I looked towards the others.

The human guy has silver white hair but had tan skin, he has layered bangs and the rest of his shoulder length hair is tied back into a ponytail. He wore a white dress shirt and a green hooded jacket; he wore blue jeans and green sneakers. What threw me off was his skin tone and eyes, they seemed familiar, yet I know I've never met him before.

Baby Grace had a small yellow bow on her head next to her left ear, she wore a white shirt sleeves dress shirt and a small yellow skirt with white flats. She of course was playing with her food and making different shapes with her breakfast.

Shifteh wore a pink cat themed dress, and wore black stockings with pink small, heeled boots. She had black gloves on with a pink ribbon and had a black head band holding her lose hair back.

Martha was dressed like an office lady. She had a white dress shirt with a purple coat, she had a matching skirt, and black heels. She had a suitcase with something in it, but I didn't know what.

"Well now that you're all ready to go to school, I'll be on my way. One of you walk Baby Grace to her daycare, behave, and most of all stay safe. Bye, and I love you." Martha said patting the human back then giving Grace a kiss on the forehead before quickly walking out the door.

"...So, you have to be Fresh." The human said as he turned to me with a kind smile.

"Uh, y-yes. It good to meet you...uh..." I trailed off when he laughed a little.

"Oh, right. My name's Vaan, sorry I guess I forgot how to properly introduce myself." He said shrugging.

"You forget lots of things, Idiot." Castiel mumbled as Vaan frowned.

"All of us except Baby Grace are adopted. Vaan is the respectful, yet clumsy one. Castiel is the rudely honest rebel. Baby Grace is obviously the innocent one and-"

"And you're the two-faced girly girl." Castor mumbled again earning a glare from the girl he cut off.

"No, I'm just the girly girl who loves tennis." She glared harder at him as Vaan sighed.

"Can we not do this now while there's a guest, at least wait until you go to school and argue there. You two are always constantly stabbing each other's necks." Vaan sighed as they huffed but stopped arguing regardless.

I felt my phone ring in my pocket suddenly as the song 'In the end' by Black Veil Brides played out loud.

"Uh...sorry." I said as I answered it.

"Hey, my radical brother from another mother, since you answered it appears you're not dead. So good, because you're not allowed to die especially since my ship hasn't set sailed yet!" Amber chimes on the phone as I laugh a little.

"What ship?" I asked but blushed as I remember her saying she shipped me with PJ.

"Oooh! I'm sure you know what ship I'm talking about bro! Now DON'T you DARE make my ship sink into the ocean floor like SpongeBob did in that episode with the hooks!" She stated demandingly.

"Any way, where are you? I can't find my way to school without you skele-bro." She spoke.

I told her I would be getting to her in a little bit, mostly likely with some company too.

"Kk, I'll wait then. Just don't leave me hanging forever, okay? I can't wait to see if I share any classes with Ya!" She said mumbling something else under her breathe.

"What was that?" I asked confused.

"Oh, I said I can't wait to see if you share any classes with your boyfriend too!" She giggled as I couldn't fight back the blush.

"AMBER!?" I yelped blushing bright blue as I heard her giggle evilly hanging up after.

I sat in silence as I felt all eyes on me.

I just now remember I was at a table surrounded by others, blushing like the idiot I am.

"...Who's Amber?" Shifteh asked.

"Uh...you'll see. I have to show her to school anyway." I said as Vaan clapped his hands.

"Really!? That's great!" Vaan said.

"Bright and cheerful here loves making friends. Honestly Vaan, I think you're going to be a playboy some day with how much a ladies man you are." Castiel sighed as Vaan glared but blushed regardless.

"I'm not like that, and never will be." He said pouting.

"That's what they all say..." The hawk like teen mumbled as the human sighed dropping his glare.

"Meanie." Baby Grace said taking another sip of her chocolate milk. I couldn't help but laugh at her cuteness, and at the sight of Castiel looking towards the mouse with a pout and clashing feelings inside.

"Well, we should get going." Shifteh said once we were all done.

We got our things and left. Castiel left with Baby Grace taking her to the elementary school. Vaan decided to join me and Shifteh to walk.

On the other side of the road on the sidewalk stood my red headed best friend with a goofy grin on her face, I gave her a confused glance as she lifted her phone pressing something, it was then I realized she was calling me so I answered while we waited for trafiic.

"What?" I asked feeling like she was going to say something out of pocket or dumb at most.

"Hello from the other siiiiiiiiide!"

AN; Hope Ya enjoyed this one my amazing readers! Till next Wednesday!