2.4

Neveah

The plane landed about two hours ago and I was trying to settle into my hotel room that I was going to live in for the next few days.

I looked around the hotel room after putting my suitcase on one of the queen size beds. The walls were a pasty white, which greatly complemented the light blue curtains that cascaded down the windows. The beds were already made, covered in pure white sheets and blankets. The bathroom was spacious, but still kind of small. All in all, it was a good hotel room for a good price.

I ignored the idea of unpacking as I opened my apple laptop and typed in the wifi information for the hotel. After retrieving wifi, I went to Skype and tried to reach Lily.

I waited a couple of minutes before the beautiful face of my best friend popped up on the screen. I smiled brightly, showing off my pearly whites.

"Hey, Lily! I miss you so much, girly!" I say, laying down on my belly and leaning on my elbows.

Lily smiled. "I miss you, too! How was your flight?"

I shook my head. "You will never believe who I saw. Did you know Kian was with a model named Meredith Mikelson? She is flawless! Even though I don't want to admit it, I would turn gay for her," I said.

Lily gave me a frown and started whining. "I thought you said I was the only girl you would turn gay for?"

I threw my head back and laughed. "Well, now there's two. But anyways, my intern, Camille, pissed me off because she showed me a picture of her and Kian. I should've brushed it off and just apologized to her but you know I'm stubborn. I was kind of harsh and I told her to find another seat on the plane," I said, frowning a little. "After she found her seat, this guy tapped me on my shoulder and I turned around and it was none other than Jc fucking Caylen. I was heated."

Lily gasped and shook her head. "Really? Why was he on the plane? Why was he going to Amsterdam?" She asked.

I sighed. "Did you know the wedding I was planning was Sam Pottorff's wedding? I didn't know until Jc told me. And I pieced together why he was on the plane In the first place. It was because of Sam's wedding. And then Jc gestured that all the other boys were sitting at the back of the plane... including Kian," I said.

Lily shook her head and sighed at my story. "Damn. That must have been one hell of a flight. Did you and Jc talk it out?"

I nod. "Yeah, we did. I told him that he didn't have to explain himself if he didn't want to. But he promised to tell me at the wedding. It's crazy, Lily, "I said, pausing because I was on the verge of tears. "When I met Kian, I changed. My whole demeanor and personality changed because I fell in love with someone who I thought was kind and understanding. I thought Kian was going to be the one. To this day, I haven't had any other relationship. I haven't hooked up with anyone. And it's all because of him. Even though we only dated for a short period of time, I loved him. I loved him more than I loved myself. And that's saying something. And it's not just him who broke my heart. It's all the people who convinced me that they were my friends. It's the people like Franny, Jc, Harrison, Dom, David, and many more where that came from. They convinced me that they were my friends. Those people were there when I was feeling down, or when I was bored and needed to hangout with someone. But ever since Kian broke up with me, it seemed like they broke our friendship too. It seemed like our friendship was based off Kian and I's relationship. Seemed like it was only created because of me being with Kian. And that hurt me. And it still hurts. And I'm scared and afraid because I'm going to be facing these people after a whole two years. At some wedding that I didn't intend on going to or planning. My life is crazy. It's all jumbled up and I know I should be grateful. I have a damn good career and some good friends that I can now count on. But you know when you're doing a puzzle and that one piece comes up missing and all of a sudden, the puzzle can't be completed? That's how I'm feeling right now," I say, letting the tears flow freely.

Lily sniffled along with me and I noticed that she was crying too. She sighed and brung the camera closer to her face. "But you know what, Neveah? That missing piece eventually shows up and the puzzle can be completed. It may take some time but it will."

I shook my head and started crying harder. "But what if that piece never shows itself? What if it causes all the other pieces to crumble?"

"Then it wasn't the right puzzle in the first place,"she said, laying down in her bed.

I smiled. "I wish you were here, Lily. I miss you, so so much."

Lily smiled and flattered her eyelashes. "I wish I was there too."

------
Comment
Vote
Share
Follow!
-Bilinxi🌼