Chapter 9: Lucy's Loverboy

Derrick was laying next to Lucy on her bed, their arms touching a little. He was trying to steer his imagination away from all the things they could do on this bed when she spoke up. "Do you miss anything from earth?" She asked looking over at him.

He thought for a moment about the life he left behind and the people he once knew. It hadn't been that long, but they felt so far away. "Sure... I miss my friends, and I guess a little bit my family, but I don't know... It feels okay... like, I know that I don't have anything scary to look forward to, I'm already here. And I get the peace of mind that I will see all of them again."

She smiled a little. "It's a realization that often accompanies death... you don't have to be afraid of what's next anymore." She paused. "But you are taking being sent to Hell surprisingly well." She joked.

"Well the hot demon ladies were a pleasant surprise, I must say." He said feeling a bit bold.

She smiled. "I never got to live on earth. I've seen it before. Sometimes I watch the humans, but I never got to live their life."

He thought about that for a moment. "You'd like it, there's all types of trouble to get into." He giggled.

She scooted closer and laid her head on his arm, he was warm like herself. "I guess that's why you're here, huh?" She said with a chuckle.

After a moment of silence between the two, she turned her head to the ceiling and with a wave of her hand it disappeared. Now visible were a million glowing stars in wave of red sky.

"Not exactly earth's stars, but I think they're pretty great." She said staring at them.

He smiled at the sight, it reminded him of home. "They're beautiful."