Chapter 10: Fornicators and First-Daters

Abaddon did not go to school on Friday, for several reasons. One, he enjoyed the mystery it would add to him, he wondered if Cara would be nervous all day. Two, he didn't have to, he wasn't a real student, and he wasn't worried about graduating. Three, he had some preparing to do. He bought a large blanket, a lantern, some wine, and a box of condoms. [If the actual devil can use protection you can too, reader! Stay safe ;) ] He bought all this with some money he got from gambling. He wore black skinny jeans, a loose fitting t-shirt, and a cool leather jacket. He was currently renting a car, nothing too fancy, but anything was fancy for a highschooler so it still impressed. He showed up at Cara's house at 7:45 because fashionably late was out of style, and frankly, he was excited.

He shot her a text and she was out in minutes. She wore dark blue flare jeans that were tight in only the right places and a loose red crop top that showed only a bit of stomach. Her hair was down but natural looking rather than all done. He held the car door open for her and she rolled her eyes a little and got in.

They drove away. "No parents I have to meet? No "Have her back by eleven or so help me!"?" He asked, teasing a little. She ignored the question, which he noted curiously. "You weren't in class today." She said as a statement because a question would sound like she cared. He smiled. "Had to prepare for tonight." He said. He watched her try to hide the curiosity and excitement that arose. "Where are we going?" She said. "Surprise" he said simply , turning the radio up a little.

She looked out the window, it was already almost dark. She kept her eyes on the sunset and thought about where they would go. She already knew it wasn't dinner or a movie, that was too normal for this dude. She watched as they left the urban part of their small town and drove towards the outskirts.  Her eyes widened as the reality hit her. "The forest!" She scoffed. "Of course... take a girl to her favorite place and she'll fuck you, right?" She said with ample sass. He giggled as they pulled up to their destination. "Honestly, is that all you think about?" The comment frustrated her, but she blushed a little.

He jumped out of the car and grabbed her door again, with a little bow. She gave him a look that said "I don't know what you've done or what you have planned but I know it must be twisted." She wasn't entirely wrong.

"Come on, I wanna show you something." He said with a hint of childish excitement. She followed as they walked through groups of trees that looked nearly black due to the setting sun. Eventually they reached a small, grassy clearing. A blanket was laid out, a lantern sitting on it, lighting up the area, and a bottle of wine resting near the lantern. The makeshift mattress was rested right near the base of a lake.

"What do you think?" He said with arms out, showcasing his oh-so-hard work. She shook her head but couldn't help but smile. "I think it's ridiculously extra... honestly it's like all you read are romantic novels... how did you even get wine, you're underage." She said shaking her head further and giggling a little. He pretended to look disappointed. "Well debby downer, I'm sorry it's more romantic than you're used to." He said "And about the wine... I can be very persuasive when I want to" He said with a wink and this time Cara burst out in laughter. "You're telling me this has worked on other women?" She laughed more. "Well to be honest, most girls prefer the beach" he giggled more "but this isn't all I have planned." He said with a smile. She raised her eyebrows. "Oh it isn't?" She teased. "Nope." He said confidently. "I assume you have your cellphone?" He asked. "Obviously." She said with arms crossed. "For all I know you could be some devil-worshipper who wants to use my skin as a sacrifice for Satan." They both giggled. "Why would Satan even want human skin!" He continued laughing. She smiled. "Why do I need my phone?" She asked. He snapped back into focus. "It has a flashlight, right?" He asked. She nodded curiously. "Perfect." He said. "We're going to play hide and seek tag." He said with a full grin. She laughed more. "What!?" "I'm assuming you know the rules?" She had yet to stop giggling. "That's a child's game." She said. He gave her a smirk. "Would you just trust me, it's more fun than you think.... Anyways, the blanket is base, when I'm it, you have to run here before I tag you. We should agree to stay on this side of the lake, for safety reasons. Bears will eat even the prettiest of girls, unfortunately." He said smiling goofily. She was still a bit dumbfounded, but figured she might as well try it. "Fine" she said with her now famous eyeroll.