Leaving

Simon left his apartment for the last time, his bag of clothes and blood slung over his back. It was dark out, this way he could avoid the usual bustle of people. He sipped on a vial of blood reluctantly. Ugh. Dead blood.

He started walking towards Magnus' room downtown, they'd decided to move in together after the 'unfortunate accident' to keep each other safe from... well, themselves.

Suddenly, a new scent came on the wind, the dangerous kind. If he wasn't a vampire, the fact that he was downwind from 6(?) presences closely tailing, wouldn't have been known to him.

He dropped his vial, sniffing the air. There were 5 of them, meaning he would need to take a detour. He broke into a sprint, the lamps whizzing past inhumanely fast. He took a back route down an alleyway, trying to shake off his attackers. Who the hell would want something to do with me?

He was suddenly cut off by a... metal man... touching down on the cement in front of him. Behind him was a muscular American flag and later joined by a red-headed ninja. The Avengers. Drat. Magnus warned me about them. The other two were on the roof. Captain America looked at Simon funnily and then spoke,

"You're going to have to come with us, Simon Lewis, for questioning."
Simon tried to think of these people as just mundanes but they were the most powerful mundanes on earth, and they had the sight and guns.

He shook his head in response.

"We'll give you another chance to come willingly, or you can come anyway by force."

Simon gathered his nerves and dashed for a nearby building, climbing up halfway until he found something in his leg. Mundane tranquilliser. Luckily, it didn't work on a vampire so he pulled it out and kept on climbing.

Then came the metal shield,
straight for his head.