Sacrifice

As Malcolm crumpled with true betrayal frozen on his face, Annabel mirrored it with glee. Simon narrowed on the goings-ons.

"Damn!" Simon exclaimed at the badassery.

Asmodeus nodded and Annabel stood clueless, obviously knowing to hate the demon, but not particularly favourable to the mundanes, not to mention warlock. She kept her blade out defensively.
"Magnus?" Annabel remembered.

"Annabel." Magnus replied, "I'm sorry."

"You didn't bring me back." Annabel stated. "'This the guy that did?" She motioned at Asmodeus with her blade. Magnus nodded.

"'He a demon?" She whispered.

Asmodeus seemed to be fed up of not gloating and boomed over everyone to announce himself.
"I am Asmodeus, the infamous king of hell."

Annabel made a face at Magnus.
"Shit. Your dad?" Annabel yeeshed. "Let me guess, he wants to consume your soul?"

"Pretty much." Magnus agreed.

"ENOUGH!" Asmodeus silenced them. "I grow impatient. I am hungry."

Asmodeus strode before Magnus and lifted him by the neck. The chains snagged and drew blood, threatening to pull Magnus' hands off - the only outlet for his power.
Magnus grimaced, fear almost breaking his façade against his father. Simon had no words, so Tony spoke for him:

"Don't hurt him! Take us instead!"

Asmodeus gave them his best bitchface, "Why the here would I kill you? What would I have to gain? Your souls are useless to me." Asmodeus appeared visibly offended at the mundanes' weak attempt at bargaining with him. "Besides, his death won't be painful, his afterlife will very much be agony, however."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve yelled.

"Do humans count emotions as pain? Do they count memories?" Asmodeus glared into Magnus' eyes. Magnus was huffing breaths and his body convulsed involuntarily as his lungs couldn't get any air.

"father. no." Magnus said small-ly. "please."

"HA!" Asmodeus threw his head back, "900 years and now he calls me father, now he begs for his sorry life."

Magnus' eyes turned up and began watering, distorting his cat eyes until they looked almost human.

"Oh, I will give you back your life." Asmodeus sneered, "All of it in one go."

Asmodeus tightened his grip and Magnus' eyes rolled back into his head, forcing him to look back over the memories in his skull. His arms fell to his sides as he became limp.
Simon understood what was happening and stepped forward.

"Take me instead." he looked at Asmodeus fearlessly. Asmodeus became interested, withdrawing from Magnus' mind.

Magnus struggled again, "Simon. no."

"And what would you do for me that's better quality than 400 years of warlock memories?" Asmodeus taunted.

"3 years of memories of the world's only daylighter. I'm a unique species, surely that's got power for your palace?" Simon offered.

"You make a curious bargain." Asmodeus considered. "And I agree to your terms-"

"Not so fast." Simon interrupted. "You need my consent because I am not your blood, am I correct?"

"Yes." He admitted begrudgingly.

"Then I will consent if you agree to letting Magnus, Annabel, and the mundanes go as soon as the transaction is carried out, free of charge, free of harm."

"Of course." Asmodeus grunted, holding out a hand to shake. Simon ignored everyone else's pleas of disagreement and shook Asmodeus' cold hand, which then moved to his throat.

Simon found himself in a dizzy array of moments from the past. Clary was hugging him and Izzy was kissing him and Jace was patting him on the back and Alec was letting him feed off him. But then his fangs retracted and just kept retracting, sinking past his gums and into his skull and a searing agony cut through his mind. His skin rippled as his biology was being rewritten, or maybe it was melting off in the hell light, or maybe maybe maybe.

Reset.

His eyes dilated and thinned and was being forced to face his eyelids once again.