Ch.5 Not Now, We Need to Fix Leo.

"I know what's wrong with Leo," Harris said, "The ooze, it's infecting him."

"Yeah, we know. That's why we gave him the anti-ooze." Spyder said with mild confusion.

"If my hypothesis is correct, we may have made it worse," Harris admitted.

"How?" Ryan asked.

"If the chip is the cause of the toxin in the bloodstream, and the toxin is the ooze, what happens if he ingests the anti-ooze? " Harris said rhetorically, answering himself, "To remove a part of the body that has morphed with DNA of the being, we're essentially attempting to rip part of his being out from him."

"So... it's not good?" Spyder questioned, hoping he was wrong.

Harris deadpanned before shouting, "No, it's not good! What would possibly be good about the fact we signed Leo's death sentence?"

"Woah, calm down Dingus, we'll figure this out," Mark said, his hands up in a placating manner.

Harris let out a long, calming breath before saying slowly, "No, I'll be the one figuring it out. Okay. And no, I won't calm down. Because I can't calm down, alright? There's nothing to be calm about."

Spyder stood somberly, making his way next to Harris and placing a hand on his shoulder, "Listen, we know this is stressful for you, but we're here to help. Is there anything we can do?"

Mark stared at him in shock, surprised Spyder was actually being serious.

Harris took a moment to think, "The only thing I can think of that'd help was having access to Leo but to do that..."

"The neurosplicer. Why don't we use that?" Ryan suggested.

"That might just work, actually," Harris figured, hope returning.

"Okay, then we're agreed!"

"What did I just agree to?" Harris asked after a moments pause.

Ryan's eyes flashed, "You'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You sure about this?" Mark asked.

Ryan nodded in confirmation.

"If you want, I-"

"No, Mark. I need to do this."

"But if you-"

"Mark, I'll be fine. I've done this before, remember?"

"Yeah, but you had brain damage."

"Well, we don't have much of a choice."

"...Doesn't mean I have to like it," Mark finally said, "Besides, I-"

"Mark stop. Not here, not now. We'll talk with Leo once this is all smoothed over, okay?" Ryan all but ordered.

"Okay," Mark agreed reluctantly.

"Good," Ryan said more to himself than his brother, "This'll work out."

And with that, he strode into the lab and placed the neurosplicer on Leo's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The world spun as he closed his eyes, only to reopen them to darkness.

Hello darkness my old friend, Ryan thought to himself sarcastically.

"Let there be light," An eerily familiar voice spoke, and Ryan was blinded by a flood of light.

"Ryan, run! Get out of here!" Leo ordered from his spot tied in a chair with a smug Seth Harper standing beside him.

"Leo!" Ryan cried, racing forward only to have Seth push him back, holding up his remote. Ryan's escape.

"Ah, ah, ah, not yet, Ryan," Seth tutted, eyes flashing orange, "The fun has only begun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I'm sorry! I know it's short! But somebody (*cough @Mecch-x4fan cough*) wanted an update, so here it is.

I should have the second part of this chapter up soon two. Or maybe this already is a half of another chapter? A third? I don't know, I can't remember. And I'm too lazy and in too much of a hurry to figure it out.

Whelp, here it is, so until next time, live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!