Ch.12 Doomsday / Finale

"This is a terrible idea." Harris stated mentally for the tenth time.

"Well, we don't have much of a choice." Mark retaliated.

"Besides, it's not like we could back out now even if we wanted to." Spyder added, causing Harris and Mark to look at him in frustration.

"Guys, could we please not fight." Ryan asked over the chip-link, "You're making my headache worse."

"Sorry Ryan," They apologized, opting to talk out loud from then on.

Leo popped up onto the screen, drill still activated and moving downwards, "Alright, so I've set the course to the Earth's core. Harris, have you finished the weapons?"

"Yes," Harris replied, doing a final check, "They should be ready for Spyder by the time we reach the core."

Spyder cheered, "Aw yeah!"

"The end of the world isn't something to celebrate about," Mark scolded, worried for the safety of his brother over the bickering, yet he still muttered, "Dingus."

Ryan rolled his eyes, using their distraction to pull more of the strain onto himself so his family didn't feel it.

Of course, they didn't need to know that.

But they will.

~~~

The trip to the core was surprisingly uneventful. Still, it was tense and painful, especially for Ryan.

So it was a relief when they reached the core.

"Spyder, launch the bombs."

"Be careful, Ryan. We have to set them off in a certain order if we want this to work," Harris warned, "And we have to get back to the surface."

Ryan nodded, hearing now mostly returned, "Got it."

Concentrating, he and the other technopaths worked to detonate the bombs. And made sure that with each detonation they were out of range.

Successfully detonating the last of the bombs, the pilot of Mech-X4 navigated through the falling debris and made his way back to the surface. The last of the ooze was no more.

Of course, that still left the serum in Ryan, the chips in everyone, Harper in the ooze, and a bunch of other loose ends.

So, to appease the masses after not posting for an eternity, the author did this.

Montage time.

Once they got back to the surface, Leo and Harris sent a machine down to fill up the hole the Mech-X4 made and monitor the core.

Now with the poles up and operational, the strain was starting to come off of Ryan. The only problem? The damage had already been done.

Ryan made sure the chips were removed from everyone before drifting into a coma where he would remain until the author figures out where she's going with this.

Leo finally got his grilled cheese and made up with the lightbulb girl from the last chapter.

Mark stays with his brother whenever he can, and little does anyone know but he still has his chip. Ooh, that'll be fun to work with.

So yeah, stuff happened. This is the end. Sorry for everything this is terrible I'll edit it if I ever have time. Yeah now I really need to go work on my other stuff so thank you all for sticking with me and sorry for this let down. Until next time, live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!XD