Ch.11 Failed Experiements

Dedicated to : @theshadow124 who reminded me that yeah, life's hard, but that doesn't mean you should stop doing what you love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Leo!" The boys ran up to the inventor of the Mech who was lying fast asleep on his work table.

He shot up, "Wha?"

"We have a plan," Ryan said, "We need to get in contact with the rest of the techno-subjects."

Leo was lost in thought for a moment before pulling himself together, "Okay."

He rummaged around before pulling out a disc, "This has their information. Put it into the Mech and it should help you identify their locations.

Ryan nodded, having heard through the others talking via the chip.

And they were off.

Turned out most of the subjects had stayed together, or at least in close proximity of each other.

"Okay, Mark and I will find willing recruits. Spyder, Harris, can you two gather... Whatever it is you need for the chip from Seth's lab."

Harris put his hand on Ryan's shoulder, "Just take it easy, we'll be back soon. But until we can get the next dose to you, the current one will being wearing off."

Ryan nodded as Harris and Spyder left. He turned to Mark, "Are you ready?"

"Not even close. Let's be heroes."

"Hey, that's my line."

"Whatever, dingus."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turned out there were more people than they originally thought. The reason... well, some of them had kids.

Ryan almost passed out - again - when a little girl blew out the lightbulb above his head at the mention of Leo's name. Thankfully her parents calmed her down and they were on their way to the next house, and the next, and the next and next and next and- you get the point.

Eventually they had about fifty people in the Mech ready for the chips. And no, not the dipping kind.

"Where are Harris and Spyder?"

"Here," Spyder answered, tugging a large piece of machinery behind him, "You'll never guess what we found at Harpers!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have got to be kidding me."

It was a drill. A humongous drill with everything they needed to keep the pressure off of them and the specks all laid out and- wait, why did Harper have a drill.

"Greetings, Mechlings." Harper's voice shocked the group, who turned to watch as a holographic Harper appeared, "It would seem you have found my drill. I may or may not have had a part to play in this whole... World ending mess."

Ryan glared, and Harper threw his hands up in defense, "But! But, I came prepared in case I wasn't able to finish my rocket in time."

"Rocket?" Spyder asked excitedly.

"Spyder, no." Harris, Mark, and Ryan said in sync.

"Spyder, yes!" Spyder cheered only to be shushed by the larger group.

"So that's why I leave my drill to you. Just in case, ya know, the world ends."

Ryan was torn between waiting to punch Seth and being grateful. Seeing as Seth was... well, Seth, he chose neither, "Let's get the drill attached to the Mech and get going."

And so they were off, and in an epic montage the different families got chips implanted with a new, stronger but not potent, version of the serum while Leo attached the drill.

Ryan stood above the drilling sight, a raft floating above the Bay City Bay, and as he looked down he prepared to do what must be done. No matter what the price.

"Ry-guy?" Mark asked, looking up at Ryan from his seated position, "You okay?"

Ryan took a deep breath, "Yeah. I just- I want you to know, that no matter what happens, no matter what we find out or anything else that I love you and mom and dad so much."

Mark stood, "Ry, tell that to mom and dad yourself once this is over." He pulled Ryan into a hug, "And don't worry, I love you too."

"Uh, guys." Harris' panicked voice ruined the moment, "We need you here. Now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is both supper rushed and supper short (and cheesy). But you deserve an update, so here it is. Don't forget to live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!