Ch.7 Okay, Back to the Task at Hand

"Get to your stations!" Ryan ordered, or at least he thought he did seeing as everyone ran to their positions.

He stood on the technopad at the ready, looking for any signs of monsters. Seeing none, he relaxed and turned to his team.

"What was that?" He asked.

Spyder made a verbal answer before noting Ryan's confused look and giving an 'I don't know' gesture.

Ryan turned to Harris to see he was looking at his phone.

Harris stands up and walks over to Ryan, thrusting the monster app into his hands.

But... It's not active.

There is no monster.

"What?" Ryan mutters to himself even though he can't hear.

The ground rumbles again, he can feel it through the Mech.

Ryan looks out of the Mech to watch the Earth crack, ooze spurting from the crevice.

"We need to go!" Vibrations were all Ryan could interpret as Mark scribbled what he has shouted sloppily on a notepad.

Ryan nodded, leaping through the air and leaving the junkyard behind.

Ryan spun around mid-jump to watch the Earth crack and spit lava into the air.

His eyes widened as he turned away and made the Mech run towards the forest.

By the time they got there, Harris had taken the notepad and written an explanation.

He led them down to the lab where Leo slept and pulled up his computer screen on the tv. Harris then began a slideshow-like infomercial, the script for it written on the notebook paper in Ryan's hand.

The first slide showed the Earth's layers and Ryan read, "This is what the Earth should look like."

The slide changed, "This is what it actually looks like."

An Earth with pockets of ooze leaking towards the center in GIF format was shown.

"The ooze has been gradually traveling to the Earth's core for years. It's almost like it's drawn to it." Harris finishes typing the words as it goes to the next slide.

The following was an explanation of how the ooze was trapped and as it formed it pushed upward, but once it broke through the Earth's crust, it couldn't move any further so it would travel back to the center (where ooze had already accumulated) effectively cramping the core, causing less friction, and as a result, causing the core's rotation to slow down.

"So, basically," Harris types, "Not only will we have to create an anti-ooze, but we'll have to create something disruptive enough to cause the core to spin again. That, plus the added pressure of heading through the layers of the Earth and to the core. So, in short, this'll be 'fun'."

"Great..." Ryan spoke for the first time since the presentation started and put his head in his hands before standing, "So what do we do?"

Harris spoke before stopping, seeming to remember that just because Ryan could talk didn't mean he could hear, and therefore wrote, "We can create the anti-ooze, but to take the amount we need to rid the core of the ooze, we'd need," He paused his writing, "Well, we'd need to drop the canisters of anti-ooze that can't be stored in Mech-X4 through the same hole we take to the core. Which means we'd need to make sure the canisters can survive the pressure, along with maintaining the hole."

"But, even if we did all of that, we-" Leo was cut off from writing when the world ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to be gone so long, and I didn't want this to be so short, but in all honesty I'm not done with this fic so there might be shorter chapters as I work it to the end. If you all want, I could simply post the chapter notes that I've made for each chapter, but it'd go step by step the rest of the way as opposed to an actual written story.

So yeah... I'll probably end up posting the written story either way, but I could post a chapter of the notes to tie you all over, but then come the spoilers. What do you all think?

Until next time, live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!