H-Holding on to Memories like These

(Jiley)
Set in S3
This OS is dedicated to the one and only Fan4rtists! If you don't know her already she has the most amazing OS book (among others) called 'Love Me Now' and my story is inspired by hers called 'King and Queen' which was inspired by a theme in chapter 10 of jileyisperf's story  'Beauty and a Beat' (sorry if that confused you... just trying to give credit where it is due) I love that story! No lie. I love it...you know what? In fact, stop reading my story and go read hers first rn ok? Thx. Briggs I'm by far your biggest fan, keep doin' what you do! Much love!

*Riley's POV*

I watched as my boyfriend pulled his shades on and turned on the air conditioning in his white Jeep. Miami was getting increasingly hotter by the minute, and it was noon, meaning it was at its true peak of humidity. Great! After the second round of internationals the team had dispersed and we were free to explore the city on our own for a little while. Of course I went with my beau, and he was taking me somewhere special to celebrate me winning International Soloist. Only thing is...I don't know where, and we'd been driving for 45 minutes now.

"Jaaammmess..." I whined. "Where are we going? We've been driving forever."

He chuckled and looked over at me. "Baby, relax. Just ride. We're almost there...besides, its not about the destination its about the journey."

I giggled. "Where'd you get that from? A movie?"

"Don't even worry about it." We laughed and he pulled to a stop at a red light.

Its been a crazy week so far at the competition and the stress has really been getting to me. So perhaps James is right. I need to just relax and let him take care of me for once. We kept driving but eventually came to a stop.

"Ok Ri, we're here. Remember this place?"

I looked out the window and saw a long boardwalk outlining the crystal blue waters' edge that I'd recognized from long ago. There were lots of cute little shops and eateries around the beach too that I knew of. When I was little, mom and dad would always take Em and I here for vacation when we lived in the states, yaknow...before we moved to Canada . I always thought there was something so magical about how the suns rays left sparkling glimmers of light on the waters surface. I told James all about it, but I never knew he actually paid it any mind.

"Oh my gosh...yes James! Like it was yesterday."

"Yeah? I thought since you had lots of special memories here with your family, that we could...create some of our own?" He said. "Yaknow, as Jiley."

I smiled. This is the kind of thing that makes James so sweet. He is always so thoughtful, thinking of us, plural, not just himself. "Of course James, that sounds amazing! Thank you..." I reached across the seat and hugged him tight.

He chuckled. "Its no problem Riles...and as much as I'd love to stay here and hug you, I have lots of things planned for us to do, sweetie."

"Ok." I giggled. He hopped out of the car and ran over to my side, opening my door for me. He held my hand, helping me down the high step of the car.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded and he laced his fingers with mine, leading me onto the boardwalk. We walked around for a while talking and laughing, buying little things from shops here and there. We eventually reached a heavily crowded part of the walk where there were food vendors and games set up. I saw James' eyes widen at the sight of a sandwich truck, no doubt thoughts of his beloved shawarmas in his head, making his mouth water.