Chapter 12: Sleep Is Overrated

Ash looked kind of sad I mean I've been through a lot today should I go? I know when I get there I'm just going to want to sleep. I hate canceling on people! I texted Abigail and let her know that I wasn't feeling good which is true. She was very understanding and didn't ask any questions which I was thankful for. I'm not sure if I can trust her yet.

"Actually I'm gunna stay here." Ash gave me a smile.

"I'm going to the store really fast to get some grocery's for my mom wanna come?" I didn't want to stay here by myself so I agreed.

When we got into the truck it was freezing. I looked at the floor to see my sweater I wore before the party so I quickly put it on. Ash chuckled and put the heater on. It was to quiet in the truck so I turned on the radio. One of my old time favorite songs were on 'Crush Crush Crush ' by Paramore came on so I turned it up.

"This song is so ..." Ash began but I cut him off.

"Shhh I love this song!" He shut up right away and I was glad he did. I began going crazy and pretended I was in a music video. I was surprisingly comfortable acting weird in front of Ash. I could see Ash staring at me from the corner of my eye.

"Look at the rode."

"Sorry can't help it when I have a gorgeous girl serenading me." He winked and I gently slapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm not serenading you, I'm just singing along."

"You and I both know that's not true."

"In your dreams Ash."

We finally got to the store, Ash told me that I was able to get what I wanted but and usually that would be dunk food but I didn't want to look like a pig so I just grabbed some strawberries and some other healthy foods and placed them into the cart while Ash was placing almost every unhealthy food he could find. I couldn't help but laugh.

We continued going through the food aisles and was shocked when Ash bumped into a familiar looking face.

"Ash?" A girl said walking towards us.

"Oh hey Danielle." He said giving her a hug which kind of made me jealous.

"Wow who are you feeding, a zoo?" She said looking towards the cart.

"Anyway Ash, I was wondering since tomorrows my first day at school would you mind showing me around?" She said touching his shoulder obviously ignoring the fact that I was there. Great please don't be another Erica!

"Not at all." He said smiling, how come I get the feeling I'm third wheeling here?

"Oh, Adrianna meet Danielle, Danielle meet Adrianna." Ash said smiling.

"Hi." I said giving her a fake smile and she seemed to do the same thing back. She had light brown thick curly hair it was obviously natural and brown eyes.

"Well we got to go, see you at school tomorrow?" Ash said finally, I already didn't like this girl and its not because of her relations with Ash there's just something about her I don't like. Geese why am I getting so jealous? I hate it!

"Yup see you then." She said giving Ash another hug. She had to at least be a junior.

Ash paid for all the food and we placed it all into the back of his truck. When we got to the house Ash's step dad was nice enough to help get the food in the house.

"So Adrianna, how long are you planning on staying?" Ash's step dad said. I swallowed hard. I wasn't really sure. Talia slapped her husband on the arm.

"You don't have to answer that sweetie, take all the time you need." I smiled at her mouthed the words thank you. We all sat down at the dinner table and Talia served us food she made while we where at the store. Everyone was very talkative and it was a nice dinner unlike the ones I have at my house or did have at my house.