Chapter 29: Heartbroken

Heart·bro·ken

adjective

(of a person) suffering from overwhelming distress; very upset."he was heartbroken at the thought of leaving the house"synonyms:anguished, devastated, broken-hearted, heavy-hearted, grieving, grief-stricken, inconsolable, crushed, shattered, desolate, despairing

When you're heartbroken everything changes around. Everything that you pictured is now gone and it can happen anytime for any reason.

Am I saying I'm heartbroken? Yes.

Everything around me was about to change. I have no clue what will happen in the future, I don't even have an idea. My life is just falling apart in front of me. Yes I know I sound very dramatic but I'm allowed to okay? I have no clue when I'm going to see Ash again. No clue when I'm going to see Rumor again and no clue when I'll be able to see my birth mother again.

My head was spinning. My heart was sinking.

It is the day of the Halloween party something everyone has been excited about expect for me because I know that means I'm leaving tomorrow. I didn't tell Ash that my dad confirmed it. Why? Because I couldn't see Ash hurt and I wanted him to enjoy tonight with all his friends. I didn't want to be the one to ruin his favorite time of year. I'll just tell him in the morning that way things will be easier when we say goodbye. I'll pack tonight when everyone is at the party, he won't notice.

My heart is pounded thinking about it. I wanted to scream and cry because I had no control over this situation.

"Hey babe" Ash came up behind me and kissed me on the forehead. I turned around and smiled back at him. Man I knew he was going to be my hardest goodbye.

"Hey, I just talked to Rumor she's is picking up our costumes for tonight." I told him imagining what Rumor would pick for us because I told her to just pick whatever she thinks would be cute but now that I think about it I'm not sure if that's the best idea I've had.

"Well what are you guys going to be?"

"It's a surprise." I just said knowing it was going to be a surprise for me too.

"Well whatever it is I'm sure you will look amazing." He said as he gave a small peck on the lips.

"Thank you baby." I love that I'm the only person that gets to see this side of Ash.

"What are you going to be?" I looked at him waiting for him to answer my question but he just repeated what I had said.

"It's a surprise." He laughed. I pretended to be shocked and threw a pillow at him.

I'm planning on getting ready at Rumors whenever she gets back from the store that way I'm able to get to know her and my birth mom better.

Ash had told me to put something cute on and even tho it was Halloween he still wanted to take me on a lunch date.

I put on a some ripped jeans with a cute top and added a cute jean jacket since it was somewhat chilly outside I also put on some vans to go with the outfit.

Ash knew that there could be a chance of me leaving or staying. He wasn't for sure and I acted like I wasn't for sure either even though I knew. The topic hasn't come up yet and I hope to keep it that way cause I wanted this to be a good last day.

"Okay baby, I'm going to go downstairs and don't come downstairs until I tell you too." I gave him that are you serious, I just wanna go eat I'm starving look.

He kissed me on the forehead before running downstairs making me wait. What could he possibly be doing down there?

"CAN I COME DOWN YET?" I yelled as loud as I could at that moment because I just couldn't wait any longer, I was curious.