# 35:The proposal

I stared at the ring as I sat in the corner of seat for my lecture. I didn't actually paid attention on it. Ace was acting distant again. I don't know why? But I was fearing the worst. Last time it was this bad was when that Kristy came into our life. And in case you are wondering she came to New York with us.

Ace was not in this class with me. He is not here today. He went back to our company which is also situated in New York city. I am worried why is he so distant. Is it because of that girl?

The bell rang and I walked out expecting Ace to be there outside of the building but he wasn't. I felt like crying. Why he is doing this? Why after all these years? We were together for whole five years our college will end in month after exams and he is ditching me before this?

Suddenly I wanted to get out and go home. I wanted to spend a week before exam there in total isolation and then come back before it. Isolation is all I need and maybe some free time from all this drama. Did I chose wrong? Maybe I did. I should have gone to California then.

Ace was too good dream to be true. Why he wants to be with me anyway? I am plain jane and after all these years may be he knows that I am not worth it. I absentmindedly walked inside our apartment building. I will just wait for him here. Maybe he is already home.

Once I was inside I was engulfed b hug. "Viv oh my god I missed you so so much." Jenna was awefully excited. "I missed you too Jen" I smiled weakly at her. "Hey babe what's wrong?" She asked me. "It's me and Ace. I am afraid that we are drifting apart and I don't know the reason behind it. He is being distant from few days" She held my hand and consoled me.

Suddenly my eyes drifted towards her hand and there it was unmistakably a ring on her finger. "Jen that ring" I pointed. "Reece proposed me" She said. "Reece? I thought you liked Cooper." I said. "I more than liked him Viv I... I am in love with that guy. But he... He never noticed me that way. We kind of slept together and then he left me. He have a girlfriend now and Reece well he is a good guy and he will take care of me." I nodded she deserves to be happy.

"Now the reason I am here" She said holding my hand and taking me to my room. "So you are not here to tell me that you are getting married?" I asked. "No I am here because I need help with my notes" She said as we began studying together.

The final bell rang as I closed my pen. That's it my college life is over now I can be free of all these things. Jenna smiled at me as we walked outside together. James and Ace Joined us. Yes we all have attended same college in New York. "So we are done eh..." Ace asked once we reached our apartment. "Yes and I am relieved" I said. "So am I baby girl" He said picking me up and kissing me softly.

"Do you know that Reece proposed Jenna?" I asked. Ace was shocked. "What? I thought she was with Cooper" He was astonished. "yes I thought that too. Anyways Jenna and I are going out we will back in few" I kissed his cheek walking out. "Don't drink too much baby girl" He shouted.

Jenna and I met up. She wanted me to be her maid of honor. They were getting married in four months. That is enough time to set up a small wedding. We had few drinks . "Let's hit the club viv" She said. I nodded. We celebrated then just me and her like old times. But now my best friend is getting married and I am still thinking what now. What is going to happen next? Where we will go? Will Ace want me still?

"Stop over thinking things everything will be all right. Ace loves you. You two are the golden couple of our high school. You are his Miracle he will never let go of you." She said as we walked out of the club. She dropped me to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and met with inky darkness. Is Ace home? Where is he? And why it is so dark in here? I tried to find the light switch. As I turned on the light I saw rose petals leading me somewhere. Ace. I followed the trail. And it was there the roses ended up at the main hall. Middle of it was a rose heart surrounded with candles spell Marry Me.

The flower petals dropped from above as I saw him coming down in the attire I saw him for the first time. He knelt in one knee and asked "Baby girl You are the Miracle I was waiting for happen all those years and when you are here all I want is for you to stay with me forever. Marry me" He opened a box it had single solitaire diamond ring.

I wanted to scream and cry and laugh at same time. I nodded and he put the ring on my finger. He picked me up and twirled me round and round. "Oh baby girl you made me happiest person on the earth. I am so much in love with you" He said. "I love you so so much Ace. I love you so so Much" And we kissed sealing the promise of our future together.