Chapter 9

Evan's P.O.V.

As I picked up the necklace, I watched as Jonathan walked away from me. I had hot tears running down my cheeks and felt my heart breaking.

I messed up.

I messed up badly.

I heard someone run up behind me with a gentle touch on my back.

"Evan? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah," I sniffled, "I-I'm fine."

I got up and put the necklace in my pocket. I didn't even want to go to school today. I didn't want to see Sydney anymore. So, I'm probably going to do it right now.

"Hey, Syd..."

"Hmm?" She hums.

"I-I think we should see other people..." I say.

She was quiet and I quickly look over to see a small smile on her face.

"Okay. I'm fine with it. I know why though," she finally says.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I've known you've been in love with Jonathan."

My eyes went wide. My heart skipped a few beats, "How'd you know?!"

"Evan, I could tell just by you looking at him. I know I called him a fag but I shouldn't have because deep down I know he loves you too."

Stunned. I stood there stunned. Even my now ex-girlfriend knew I was in love with Jon. All I could do at that point was to go home and make up a plan to win him back.

"Thanks, Syd," I say hugging her, "I think I'm going to stay home for the day."

She nods and lets me go. I started walking home to where I can barricade myself in my room.

I needed Jon back in my life. I needed him right by me. I needed to tell him how much I love him and care about him.

But how am I supposed to do that if he hates my guts and wishes for me to die?

Well, I could make up that plan I had earlier. Maybe it'll work?

I sigh and lay back down. Only to find myself in a deep sleep.