Chapter 12

Jonathan's P.O.V.

The phone went off. I knew the ringtone. It was the one person I wished that could die in a hole and never come back into my life again.

I hit end and left it to go straight to voicemail.

I would answer, but right now, I'm going on a date with Ashley. He said he'll pick me up and then we'll go to the movies. I'm excited. It'll probably help me move on from someone's name I won't mention.

There was a knock on my front door. My heart started to skip a beat. I was walking downstairs to try to open the front door, but to my luck, my mom opened it.

"Oh, hello?" She says.

"Uhh.. Hi. Is Jonathan here?" Ash shyly asks.

"Why, yes, he's rig-"

"Here!" I interrupted.

She looks at me and smiles, "Oh! Yes. Right here! Jonathan you didn't tell me you were going out."

"Yeah, I forgot. We're just going to watch a movie. I'll be back before midnight," I say.

"Good, it is a school night after all."

"Yeah, I know. But don't worry, I'll be back soon."

I kissed her cheek and left the house. Ash then sat on his motorcycle and gave me an extra helmet.

The helmet and motorcycle looks familiar though.

"You have a motorcycle?" I asked.

"Yeah. My car kind of broke down, so my old man is trying to fix it. Why? Is it too sexy for me?" He winks.

I blushed and put on the helmet before he sees me, "W-Well, it's just... Uhh... N-Never mind."

I got on behind him and held on tight. He revved up the motorcycle and we were on our way to the movie.

On the way, I was looking at the motorcycle itself, the jacket and the helmet on me. Why does those things seem familiar? I swear they look familiar.

I shrugged it off and realized I was thinking too much when really I should just be enjoying myself on the date.

~Time Skip~

After the date, Ash took me back home. Luckily it was 11:30. So my mom should be happy that I made it home on time.

I got off the motorcycle and walked up the steps with Ash behind me. As I turned I saw that he was smiling at me. I smiled back.

"I had fun today," he says.

"Yeah, me too," I say blushing.

"Would you wanna do this again with me?" He asks.

I nodded and bit my lip, "Yeah, I-I would."

He smiles big. He leans in and kisses me on the cheek. My cheeks were warm and I looked at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he finally says.

After that he went back to his motorcycle and left.

I smiled big and went inside. My phone beeped, so I looked down and saw that I had two voicemails. It made me frown, but out of curiosity, I put it to my ear to listen.

"Uhh, hey Del! I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? I'm kind of bored so if you could, call me back?" That was it.

It took my breath away, he really thinks that I could forgive him? Just like that? Pfft. He's wrong.

I checked the other one and what I got was completely different.

"Just make me feel special,
And make me feel loved.
Make me feel something,
Lately life's made me numb.
I just want to hold you,
For just long enough
So you don't get tired of me telling you...
I love you so much..."

"So don't make me, no.
Don't make me go,
Don't make me."

"In a city I don't know
Hit me three times 'fore the show
I need sleep tonight..."

"You'll be in my dreams tonight though," I sang the last part.

He really remembers that song? Our song?

But I thought that...

He was just a jerk who doesn't like me and only cares for popularity.

I guess I was wrong.