●7.Mother Of His Daughter!●

August 14, 2015
[The Same Day]

As Rishaan was going to unlock the door, the door opened from the inside.

"Welcome home Amaya and Ansh." Amrita said with her ear to ear smile. She was standing at the door with the Aarti Thali in her hands to do the Grihapravesh [welcome ritual of the bride].

"What are you doing here?" Rishaan asked rudely, a little irritated by his mother's antics. Amaya just looked at him and thought Himansh was nothing like Rishaan. He had never talked to his parents or any elders like that. He had always been so gentle, kind and polite with everyone.

"What do you mean by that? I have this right to-" Amrita was cut off by an irritated Rishaan.

"Adi, please take her back to your house." Rishaan said angrily and tiredly, irritated by his mother's talks and actions. Amaya again looked at him, shocked by each and every word uttered from his mouth. She didn't want Ansh to learn bad things from him.

"Dadi [grandma], Chachu [uncle]," Disha ran to them and hugged Adi's legs, indicating him to pick her up. He picked her up and kissed her cheek. Amrita pinched her cheeks and mumbled 'My Dishu' to which she giggled in response.

"Look, she is your Mumma." Amrita said as she took Disha in her arms from Adi and then pointed at Amaya who stood there blankly. "Did you meet her?" She asked and Disha just looked at Amaya.

"Mummy?" Disha asked, squinting her eyes in confusion. She didn't believe actually. She had heard this from her friends that mother loves everything her daughter does, praises her and makes jovial conversation. She also heard that mother gives a hug to her daughter whenever she cries and says something that would be enough to stop those tears from falling. She used to get jealous when her friends teased her saying that she didn't have a mother while they all had beautiful and pretty mothers. She used to get angry on them when they said their mothers prayed for their good. She used to cry in the girls washroom when all her friends teased her saying that they had food made by their mothers while she had food made by cook or her father. She even so many times threw her lunch in dustbin just because of her anger. She too heard that mothers tell fairy tales, they give advice, they hold hands in crowded places, that they are teacher themselves and teach you lessons of life, that they solve every problem of yours, that they are your personal doctor who take care of you 24×7 and the list goes on.

But when she looked at Amaya, Disha didn't find that love and care in her eyes. She believed that Amaya was not her mother. And to prove herself right, she decided to do something wrong. She started crying for no reason, just to see if Amaya would come to her to console her.

"What happened Dishu?" Rishaan tried to take her in his arms but she pushed him, crying more. "Why you always do that? You made her cry!" He was angry at his mother.

"Give her to me." Amaya said, as she took her first step in the house and took Disha in her arms. Rishaan was taken aback.

My Dishu pushed me away and happily went to this lady who is so unknown to her! He was kind of hurt.

"What happened Dishu?" Amaya tried her best to act normal. On the other hand, Ansh felt so bad, he knew he had no sibling then what was that? "Why are you crying baby?" She asked as she wiped Disha's tears with her free hand. Rishaan just rolled eyes and mumbled under his breath "Over acting!"

Disha just looked at Amaya, she hadn't expected this. But she was happy that her daddy completed his promise.

"Why did you leave me?" Disha asked as she wrapped her arms around Amaya's neck and then cried, this time for real, resting her head on her shoulder and burying her face in her neck. Amaya rubbed her back, calming her down. She had never felt anything like that before, she felt like she was carrying her own daughter in her arms; that feeling was so strange.