●30. Ignoring●

[PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END. IT'S IMPORTANT, REALLY!]

××××××××××××

19th May, 2016
[The same day]

His fingers wrapped around her wrist and he pulled her back. She felt like she just fell on the floor but it was his left thigh. He wrapped his arms around her waist from side and buried his face in her chest, making her gasp.

"Please don't leave me." He spoke against her chest, his voice sounded muffled, and she felt his lips touching her skin, giving her shivers down her spine.

His voice was so low, and cracked.

She wrapped an arm around his neck and other one made its way to his face. She moved her thumb on his cheek, the pad of thumb touching his thin stubble, in an attempt to make him look up at her.

"I'm not leaving you, ever. I am just-"

He finally looked up at her from her chest and said, "Stay here, with me. I-I really need you."

His only words had such an effect on her that her breath caught in her throat for a moment.

She looked into his red and tired eyes, they were holding so many emotions along with some unshed tears in them.

She gulped down and replied, "Ansh and Disha also need me there."

She regretted saying those words as soon as she noticed his eyes; they were filled with some unknown emotions - maybe hurt?

He changed his gaze and looked down. He closed his eyes for some moments and then again buried his face in her chest. She smiled a bit and moved her fingers on the back of his neck, playing with the ends of his hair and her other hand rubbing his back slowly.

"Please- please stay away from Mom." It came out like a whisper from his mouth. His words hit her like a bullet. She felt bad for him, Diya and also for Amrita. "She is so bad." She felt his hot tears on her chest, rolling down inside her dress. "She took Diya away from me but.. " He stopped and looked up at her. "I don't want to lose you. I just.. " He again buried his face in her chest, sobbing.

Her heart ached, seeing him crying.

I know what she did was totally wrong but.. She is in pain right now and more than that she's your mother. She wanted to voice her words but didn't feel like it was the right time to say those words.

"Rishaan... " She spoke, almost in a whisper, after some time.

"Hmm?" He didn't look up at her but hummed.

"It's 7:45. I think-"

"So you won't stay here, with me?" He looked up at as he asked.

I want to but.. Her inner shrugged.

"I wish I could." His grip loosened around her waist as soon as her voice rang in his ears. She could no longer feel his fingers on her waist and it did hurt her, thinking she broke his heart, indirectly, in some ways.

"Should I make dinner for you?" She asked after some moments, getting up from his lap.

"No need to do anything for me." He replied dryly, standing up and walking into the bathroom, totally ignoring her.