●26. "Oh Rahul?"●

1st May, 2016

He woke up, feeling so overly comfortable in his bed. Tossing his body to other side and looking outside the window, he got up abruptly. He rubbed his knuckles onto his eyes and looked up at the clock which showed him 8:20 am.

What the fuck? It's so late! He thought, throwing the duvet away and getting up.

He rushed into the bathroom and did his routine. It took him almost forty five minutes to get ready. Wearing his white full sleeved t-shirt and blue faded jeans, he ran downstairs, just to see that beautiful face of hers. Running his fingers through his wet hair, he leaned back to the kitchen door. He raised his eyebrows, seeing the sight in front of his eyes. Amaya was as always in the kitchen, making breakfast. She was wearing a light pink saree and had left her hair open. Her hair was wet from shower and the droplets of water from her wet hair went inside her blouse. All his senses seduced by the sight in front of his eyes.

He dramatically put his hand on the left side of his chest, on his heart, and muttered to himself, "Calm down, buddy!"

"Huh?" Amaya turned around, with a questioning look on her face. "Did you say something?" She asked, finding him grinning like a fool.

"Good morning!" He walked into her direction, slowly, with his eyes on her and his fingers tucked in his pocket.

"Good morning." She smiled, blushing a bit, finding the same kind of gaze on her.

He went to the platform and sat on it, still looking at her. She turned around and continued making breakfast, trying her best to avoid his gaze.

"I am sorry, Amaya." He apologized, making her look up at him. She seemed confused.

"For what?" She asked in low voice.

"For yesterday." He was guilty. He took a deep breath and continued, "I was just scared. I don't want to lose you, Amaya." There was pain in his voice.

She placed her hand on his hand which was on his left thigh and squeezed it a little.

"I don't know what got into my head that I shouted on you. But.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted-"

"Shh!" She stopped him, whispering. "It's okay!" She added, squeezing his hand a little more.

He didn't say anything and sat there silently, looking down at their hands, still feeling so guilty.

To ease the tension between them, she tried to burst a joke, "So will you let me come back to your house after I go there?"

He looked up at her, feeling more guilty and she cursed herself for saying those words.

He nodded his head, unable to speak a single word.

"This house is nothing without you. You make it home for me." He confessed, looking deep into her eyes which now became teary.

He shook his head slowly, telling her to not cry. She changed her gaze and fixed her eyes on the gas stove. She took her hand back and continued her work.

"Why saree today? "He asked, after some minutes, looking at her from head to toe.

She replied, with her eyes on the pan "I'm going there for the first time so.." She shrugged at last.

"Oh okay." He arched his eyebrows as he said. "Wait what? You're making lunch?" He asked, noticing chopped onions and potatoes.

"Yeah!" She glanced at him. "I don't want you to eat outside food." She added, glancing at him once again, finding a small smile on his lips.